Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello,

my AT seems to have a compuslive affinity for problems these days...I dunno if it is the alignment of the stars or too much attantion spoiling the brat

So now the engine occasionally shuts off when I put the first grear on and release the clutch and ....thats it.

Then I start the engine no problem there...then again tak! and the engine is off again.

Now that is new.

This adds to my before mentioned problems which are yet to be attended to by a mechanic:
1. excessive fuel cons. 7,3 lt/100 km (K&N filter, carb airi synronization, choke, handmade can
2. the fan does not kick in at 75% and boils water (happended once)

My rectifier and bat are brand new Rectifier is Honda original and not a Taiwanese or chinese....

long before she picked up on this, she used to "almost" lose power andn shut off but she never did shut off, she lost the neutral rev sound for a split second and then continued on her 1100 rev on idle.

pls fire at will...

Kerem Cesmebası

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Proxima

Lots of things to check really, as it sounds like it could be more than one problem.

Sudden cutting out is most likely electrical, and bad running is almost certainly the fuel system, and most probably choke related.

Electrical

Check microswitch and connections on clutch lever

Check microswitch and connections on side stand

Fuel system

Check fuel pump is functioning OK (only ticks when engine is running)

Check COMPLETE choke cable assembly from lever, down one cable to splitter, then 2 cables to each carb. Check plungers are not seized in carb body, and be VERY careful NOT to break plastic nuts that hold chokes into carbs.

Check fuel filter is clean

Check breather to fuel tank is letting air in

Good Luck

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As above----

Plus check neutral switch :thumb:

excuse my english but neutr switch....the sidestand microswitch no?

as for the rest of the above fellas..thanks for the feedback all very insghtfull. I thought of the sidestand switch but the others are now on top of my list 2.

thanx. from Turkei!

Kerem Cesmebasi

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
excuse my english but neutr switch....the sidestand microswitch no?...
Kerem

No. Neutral switch is the located on the side of the gearbox near the front sprocket. Do not confuse it with the oil pressure switch which is in the same area.

Neutral switch is part of same safety circuit and makes the green light come on (bike not in gear).

Good Luck

Bob :thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right! Got it, ofcourse the green light. Uphhh!!

Somehow this bike is quite reluctant to live up to her "unbreakable" image!!!...much of which has been overplayed by obsessive compulsives like myself...it is either the twin or the Twin. There...you have it.

first the recitifer, then therefore the battery, guzzling fuel like a co-generation center; a depressed woman on lithium with hormonal issues and possibly pregnant too, I am sure the pump is on the pipeline, the odometer gauge...now the hick-ups.

Damn. but I love the @itch.

kerem cesmebasi

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The problems are electrical in nature the Engine has not broken so it cannot be blamed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts