Honda XRV Forum banner
796 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  59viper 
#1 ·
I just got back from a 50 mile brap, mainly fast country roads with a little town work towards the end. An hour later i put my hand on the clutch cover and it feels really hot, an hour later. Now by hot i mean putting my hand on the cover and leaving it on, it was uncomfortable to say the least. Any ideas ?

#3 ·
50degC is about as hot as you can stand on your hand for more than a few seconds. That's way lower than the oil temperature when running, so could just be that it's cooling more slowly cos it's hot outside. Are there any clutch problems? Any engine running faults? If not, it's probably ok.

Do you have an oil temp gauge?

#4 ·
mine generally runs at around 100-110 degrees C but have seen oil temp creep up to almost 120 after blasting around on a hot day ,
so long as oil is circulating ok probably nothing to worry about,
try cracking open the oil banjo on the back of the head when you next start her up to make sure oil is reaching the top end ok,
i've had my oil pump fail on my bike, not that uncommon on these 650's, and had to replace the cam, cam followers and oil pump, its worth checking the oils circulating now and again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.