Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

My 97 AT has been faultless since I bought it 6 months ago.
It has now developed a bit of an erratic idle. Once its warmed up she is fine and idles at about 1200rpm. However when its first started up either in the morning or evening it just wont idle. If i put the choke on it makes no difference (its got aluminium choke guides).
When It does decide it idle on 1st start up it will be anywhere from 800 rpm to 1400rpm.

I plan to take the tank off in a week or so to check the carb rubber thingies, is there anything else i should look at. I also want to see if the choke is actually working.

Regards
wizard

·
Administrator
1,790 Posts
I think that's about everything likely. .....but you could check the throttle and choke cables are absolutely smooth-running, even when the bars are turned. Good luck

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hi All

My 97 AT has been faultless since I bought it 6 months ago.
It has now developed a bit of an erratic idle. Once its warmed up she is fine and idles at about 1200rpm. However when its first started up either in the morning or evening it just wont idle. If i put the choke on it makes no difference (its got aluminium choke guides).
When It does decide it idle on 1st start up it will be anywhere from 800 rpm to 1400rpm.

I plan to take the tank off in a week or so to check the carb rubber thingies, is there anything else i should look at. I also want to see if the choke is actually working.

Regards
wizard
Just because it has aluminium guides, as you call them, does not mean that the plunger and cable (where it travels around the metal tubular bend) aren't corroded. It all comes apart quite easily and can be cleaned quite successfully. Re-assemble with a light grease to inhibit the speed of future build up. You can't really stop it if you are using it in all weathers. Good luck and hopefully meet next month in sunny Pembroke

1 - 4 of 4 Posts