Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for a bimble on Sat 23rd or Sun 24th May ????????????????

Will either be into Suffolk - up to Thetford forest - some great routes.

or Braintree/Chelmsford / Essex Lanes (which i know some routes but not as many as above).

I was at Thetford on Saturday just gone, and it was bone dry - quite a bit of sand/gravel and dust on some of the trails - hard to tell your brain to keep the throttle open when the fronts all over the place :toothy9: but bloody good fun :blob7:

If it doesnt rain between now and then, road tyres would be fine and big/small bikes :thumbleft:

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Possibly, possibly. Got fairly new knobblies on and managed to lower the suspension a bit (still on the AFrica Queens high lift rear with Ohlins spring).

Post updates here so I can watch out for them, please!

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi James, will keep you up to date :thumbleft:

Did you get your rear wheel fixed then ?

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Bought a replacement pair.

I need a new rear hub and Whealie needs a new rear rim. We're on the look out for another complete rear wheel so we can do a deal and both have a spare pair of wheels.

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will keep my eyes peeled for you both :happy3:

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump :happy8:

·
Apprentice Mud...wiz
442 Posts
Could be up fpor a ride over that way il let you now nearer the time like the friday eve lol. Ollie.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Looks like Saturday in Thetford will be okay for me. Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If anyone is going to do any lanes near Fyfields i.e Chelmsford way i would check first as i was out at the start of April and most of my normal lanes where closed for repair untill further notice i took a walk down one of the longer lanes sorry not sure of the name??? and it was totally dug up with Hgvs park up with logs piled up blocking all other routes. There was a sign at the start of that trail saying closed for work from september for a 6 month period but they are still closed and dont look like being opened anytime soon:(

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi James,

I can do Sat as well. Do you want to meet up say 10am at the cafe on the 5 ways roundabout again ?

Im waiting to see if Marc can come up as well.

Any others ?????????????????????????????????????

Should be dry and easy going :D

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Could make it a bit earlier if you like. If not, 10am is fine.

My tyres are still fairly new. This time it's the chain, sprockets and brake shoes that need attention! (The bits are all here, waiting to be fitted.)

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10 am it will be - i need a lay in ! been too busy at work this week !!

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No worries mate, maybe next time :thumbleft:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, not sure if this thread is dead and buried but i'm looking to find some green anes this saturday? anyone know of some around Ipswich area?? many thanks

·
Cant stop 'tinkering'
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, not sure if this thread is dead and buried but i'm looking to find some green anes this saturday? anyone know of some around Ipswich area?? many thanks
Hi, not sure of any directly in the Ipswich area, but know of some out towards Rendlesham / Woodbridge airfield (just watch out for deer/stags, as they have a nasty habbit of running/jumping across the road :eek:).

Heres a map link if it works to an os map of the area (you need to look for the red joined up ++++++++++++++++ They turn into green joined up ++++++++++ if you zoom in) these are the legal byways, but also check for any restriction notices/signs just in case :

Streetmap.co.uk- search results for 631045,248210

Other than this, i only know of the ones towards/around Thetford. But have a play with the map above, and you may find some more.

Cant make this weekend, otherwise id join you :(

good luck.

Ant.

·
Black Transalp ('54)
82 Posts
Re: Essex or Suffolk green laning SOON???

Any of you folks fancy another trip out sometime soon? I am based in Ipswich too so anywhere local'ish is fine by me.

Have just got TCK80s back on the TA and can manage pretty much any time (weekdays or weekends) until the end of August.

Reg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts