Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we have many riders in Essex.

Serv Essex has been in existence for more than a year now and currently serves three hospitals in Essex and liaises with other Serv groups at changeover points when blood/platelets/plasma/ etc have to be taken out of county to other areas.

We collect from the Bloodbank in Brentwood, and currently deliver to Southend, Basildon and Harlow.

It involves being ''oncall'' from 7pm at night to 6am in the morning.

You would normally do one or two duties per month.

The callouts are not excessive but it is unpredictable and you WILL get called out!!! However, I can tell you from experience as a rider and controller that the calls after midnight are not excessive - but you need to know they do and will happen!!

We urgently need more riders in the Essex area especially those able to do weekdays, not just weekends.

We also need people to do other tasks such as man the control phone - ususally for two weeks at a time, and numerous other duties.

Car drivers are more than welcome and needed as when the temperature gets below a certain point the bloodboxes cant be transported on the back of a bike.

The old website is here: Home (servessexsite) We will have a new one up and running in the next few weeks.

If you feel you can help out please PM me for more information. If I can get enough essex xrvers interested I can organsie a group presentation, most likely at the 127 Diner. Otherwise I'm more than happy to sort out some one to one meetings where you'll get all the information you need and all your questions answered.

Go Awwwwnnnnnnnnnn Go Awwwwnnnnnn Go Awwwwnnnnnn - you know you want to :D

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
Alpy this is brilliant - I knew you were involved and if I lived in that area I would like to be be involved also.

You are correct to point out the "stand-by and callout" nature of the committment - the story of my life with the Ambulance service - all I can add is that you do get used to night time callouts from your bed, and any volunteers should understand that if you get called out in the wee small hours - say 03:00 am , then that's your sleep over, even if you do get back to bed you will not get back to sleep!!

A noble cause mate - I hope you get the volunteers you need from the ranks of XRV - now that would be something eh ??

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
Already with Serv Sussex for the past 6 years. sussex have just bought a brand new volvo car as well.....(got a £20k donation to buy it!)

good charity.:thumbright::thumbright:

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Already with Serv Sussex for the past 6 years. sussex have just bought a brand new volvo car as well.....(got a £20k donation to buy it!)

good charity.:thumbright::thumbright:

Well,

You're not from Essex,

You've wrecked my next bike ....

So,

Feck off !!!!

:la:

·
Captain unsensible.......
2,553 Posts
no, its not wrecked.....

........YET.........

Come along to the next maintainance day on March 27th and you can see how clean & tidy, well maintained it should be...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts