Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Xi dwejjaq member
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[h=2]The Following User Says Thank You to 'alias' For Responding to This Useful Post: ©-©[/h]

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
thank you for thanking me for tanking you for this useful info about what goes into my tank its something to put in my think tank :D I had actually composed a long reply that went on about how scarce filling stations have become in rural Ireland and there being long stretches of road with no stations at all . a friend of mine has one a couple of miles away but its run by pig ignorant people and you get nothing for your money he said the nearest in any direction he travles is about 15 there is one more but it closes early about 6 but that's at least 5 miles out of his way he never goes that way so he uses jerry cans its like that a lot in the countryside now the smaller shop /filling stations / pub all locked up lot of shop units in the towns empty I suppose its a sign of the times money is scarce those with work are taxed to the hilt . I know one unbranded place and lads say their bikes ran bad after getting a fill there . one village station that since closed the dirt he sold ruined the carb on my Harley costing me 500 euro to change to a newer type keihnan brand new cv carb from jersey H-d a backing plate air filter cover k&n air filter throttle cable choke cable inlet rubbers and other hardware from my indy H-D dealer and a needle from an 88 1200 sportster from a nice old scooter tramp living in rural Missouri through e bay USA we chatted over and back a bit said the place is destroyed these days with a lot of meth addiction . a 165 main jet and I learnt all about tuning carbs and got it running like a raped ape as our Murican cousins say . I was quite proud of my little bit of tuning it was easy enough to do then I sold it because I enjoyed my Transalp more to ride . the winter hack made me realise the bike I was saving wasn't worth a **** not to mind the high price tag on them . you don't own them they and the bank own you :mad: a old bike costing a small fraction of the price is 10 times more fun I began to question the meaning of life and realise people are mainly conned label queens and gullible and most of what they tell us and we believe is a croc of shit . hear is a tale I read of while riding down through Africa where petrol could be bulked out with elephants piss or moonshine or what ever an old Africa twin rd03 or 4 kept on trucking away when brand new bmw gs 1200's wouldn't run on the stuff and had to be picked up on a truck and freighted out of there . not sneering at the bmw riders I feel sorry for them their ride ruined while the humble old Honda didn't complain . I have never had to have anyone else lay a hand on Transalp in over 30000 kms and apart from a couple of cdi's packing in its just been consumables :thumbright: I wondered about giving it a sup of fuel treatment just to give the carbs a bit of a rinse to keep her purring nicely when it went on to reserve the other day and that's very seldom it ran a bit bad for a mile or so after filling up . anyone any ideas please ? I recently fitted a pair cheep u5 spots of ebay so I rode with no lights and kept the revs up for about 8 miles to give it a chance to charge up the battery a bit . I am going to buy a volt meter from aliexpress be handy to know whats going on they are only cheep anyway .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts