Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just had a thought (1st time for everything)

I'm going to need Euros for Ireland!!!
Better get to the post office at some point in the next few days!

Can't believe I'v only just realised that.....

Axe.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Hi,

Just had a thought (1st time for everything)

I'm going to need Euros for Ireland!!!
Better get to the post office at some point in the next few days!

Can't believe I'v only just realised that.....

Axe.
your bank card should work in ATMs and in the shops in ireland, i had no problems last year

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Will it buy me Chips and Guinness tho?
We're staying for 2 nights so theres going to be plenty of incidentals rather than just a couple of fuel stops.

Edit:
Should have read you'r reply properly before responding. Doh!!
ATM they'll dish out Euros won't they!
(for someone so clever I can be sooooooo thick!)

Axe

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Edit:
Should have read you'r reply properly before responding. Doh!!
ATM they'll dish out Euros won't they!
(for someone so clever I can be sooooooo thick!)

Axe
Not Saying a thing :happy2:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Don't forget to tell your bank too, especiallyif it's a joint account and one of you is spending Ireland while the other is shopping at the Trafford centre.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't forget to tell your bank too, especiallyif it's a joint account and one of you is spending Ireland while the other is shopping at the Trafford centre.
That'll never happen!
She can't stand the Trafford Centre, full of tourists, the only thing it's good for is people watching from the pub near the cinema, some of the sights you can see from there!!!;)

Axe

·
Registered
56 Posts
Your bank cards will work fine in Ireland and give out euros at that banks exchange rate.

If your in a tourist area a lot of the place will also take sterling and work out the exchange rate for you, but usually it is rounded off in their favour.

CM

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Sure theyll take Da Punt wont they? Or just scribble on a piece of paper something dhat looks like Da Uoooro. Theyve never had real money down there.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bad move asking the wife to get me some euros, she took all the cash that I had put aside for TLD and changed the lot!!!!!!

I've had to explain that they probably won't take euros in the pub next to the TA Centre.

(she said thats ok, I'll change some back, they are offering a better exchange rate to swap them back anyway, 115c to the pound to buy, 130c to the pound to sell :(:(:(:()

DOH!!!!!

Axe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts