Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Undergoing Midlife Crisis
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
Got given free, a Rider 1 with 2006 uk maps. Registered on TomTom Home. Went for updates that were advised for my device, and got message saying "not enough room on existing card". Bought 8GB SD card from Teco and the TomTom site does not recoginize my unit.. Am I doing something wrong? I was intending to pay and download latest Europe etc map.
Any advice welcome
Thanks
Rob

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
try copying the maps contents your small card to your new bigger card and put it back in the tomtom and see what happens

·
Administrator
1,778 Posts
I think the "innards" of the TomTom don't like larger-capacity SD cards .... see here
Rider 1st edition problem with SD card 2 GB - TomTom Discussions

The architecture of the "HC" (2GB and above, although a few 2Gb cards use the old architecture) cards is different, and isn't recognised by some older hardware. It looks as though you might be able to flash more up-to-date firmware onto the TT to use larger cards, but that will carry its own risks.

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Guys,

The link was very useful and I trawled through other pages of that site. it would appear that 8gb cards are too big and that 2 - 4 gb cards will be the maximum. It looks like my firmware is at the latest edition so will experiment this weekend if I can buy the card locally and feed back to you
Cheers
Rob

·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Result!
Thanks to the link given and the purchase of a 4gb card, i am now up and running. The link you gave me is a useful site and with some searching answers real issues.
XRV comes up trumps again...Thank you
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts