Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've news! Though I dunno if I'm in the right place to post this... Over the last year I’ve been taking careful note of all the requests and posts on forums about the lack of adventure motorcycle travel audio books. So I’ve gone and done it. Into Africa just been released as an Audio book by Open Book Audio. :)

Who is narrating it? ‘By the author’ (Stephen Fry was busy... ) Though he was very interested of course. :-D

‘Loads of requests’? They’ve been from all sorts of people; who commute to work by car each day, from people heading off on caravan holidays, from motorcyclists who are set up to listen as they ride, and from people who just love the idea of listening to a book rather than read it. It’s also the chance to open up our world of motorcycle travel to those people who have the endless battle with dyslexia. And hey, blind people relish an adventure too.

If you go to the Adventure Motorcycle Travel Books website there’s more info and the chance to listen to the first chapter of Into Africa.

Where can you download a copy? Here's a list of companies that are on line so far:

Ambling Books

The Audio Book Store

Audible.com – an Amazon company

i-Tunes

Fingers crossed you enjoy. And, I’d be very grateful for anything you guys can do to help me spread the word. :thumb:

Into Africa Audio Book Cover psr.jpg

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nice one Sam,
Great to see & catch up at the Film Fest last weekend, I've posted up a brief report & added some pics too look for Travel Film Festival 2012 report.
Hoping to get to your Donington soiree next year too.
Again fab to see you, I hope your Doctors appointment went well.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Grand Idea Sam:thumbright: Ive read that one though :D:D:D

Best of luck with them:thumbup:

Reactions: Travelling Sam

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one Sam,
Great to see & catch up at the Film Fest last weekend, I've posted up a brief report & added some pics too look for Travel Film Festival 2012 report.
Hoping to get to your Donington soiree next year too.
Again fab to see you, I hope your Doctors appointment went well.
Hi Stubbsie, great to catch up with you too - makes a change to have a chance to natter eh. Austin and Lois did a great job didn't they! The new Horizons event HUBB UK? It's lining up to be a great event, especially with the change of venue. I'll keep everyone up to date with the info on that but in the mean time, the page goes live on Horizons during the first week in September. Hope you can make it!!! The Docs? Great news. Just 5 days to go and we are off. Feel like a big kid : )

·
Stone Crazy
5,312 Posts
Hi Sam
will have to have a listen to that although i have read the books it will be interesting to hear you reading it

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Sam
will have to have a listen to that although i have read the books it will be interesting to hear you reading it
Hi Mervin, I have to say that it still feels a tad strange hearing my voice do it! But then it would eh. The studio were happy after a test chapter and the feedback from the samples we posted on YouTube was good so...
Hope all's good with you :thumbright:
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Pleased that the appt went well, have a safe & super trip.
I'm off to the Highlands on Monday for a rew days, hope you have a grand time keep in touch mate.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pleased that the appt went well, have a safe & super trip.
I'm off to the Highlands on Monday for a rew days, hope you have a grand time keep in touch mate.
Hi Stubbsie, yup the Doc he say yes! Just 3 days to go and we are off. A month riding in Spain? That'll do nicely : ) Feel like a very big kid - can't stop grinning : ) Hope you have a great time up north. Catch you soon eh. And don't forget to tell the Scots that an audio book is just the thing for the long winters nights ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts