Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hate them, just got back from a 1 hour written pharmacology and thereputics exam. Only 1 hour but I am absolutely knackered.

Took a detour on the way back to relax a little and had a lovely ride home.

Won't get the results till next week.

THe last exam I sat was my nursing finals in 1990 so I am a bit out of practice, the questions were'nt too bad although the pass mark is 80% and I know I guessed about 4 questions. :rolleyes:

Ah well fingers crossed I guessed right :D

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still like a football, we were planning of Friday anyway which will give it an extra day but my ride to the exam and back wasn't too bad. It's getting on and off I struggle with because of the twisting and moving it around and parking. Back in work tommorrow so will go to try a longer ride on my way home to see what happens.

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
Well done, hope you do well with he exams, i have just done a knee in not as bad as yours but it is painful,
merv

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
Hate them, just got back from a 1 hour written pharmacology and thereputics exam. Only 1 hour but I am absolutely knackered.

Took a detour on the way back to relax a little and had a lovely ride home.

Won't get the results till next week.

THe last exam I sat was my nursing finals in 1990 so I am a bit out of practice, the questions were'nt too bad although the pass mark is 80% and I know I guessed about 4 questions. :rolleyes:

Ah well fingers crossed I guessed right :D
god i hope you didn't have to write therapeutic very often,specially if they mark your spelling.....:rolleyes:

only joking mate,
I used to have terrible knees,I used those cold patch things you get for kids heads,their some kind of chemical that goes icey cold in a gel pad.
strap a few of them on your kne before you leave and might help a bit,I used them on long journey's when i drove lorries.

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why didnt you just write PKPD.... :rolleyes:

no no abbreviations are bad, they have beaten that into us. In fact one of the questions was about the appropriate use of abbreviations in prescribing practice :mad:, I think I got that one right. I said when faced with a pt with RIF pain that you think maybe MH related Dx is difficult but then PRN meds are indicated as tx and a px for QDS or TDS in the case of NSAIDs :D and if that didn't work just accept they are FuBAB BuNDY

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
you forgot to put the Tx in the S.O.A.P, so the Dx is clear.

and I though it was FuBAR?

·
aka Oxbone :)
1,514 Posts
no no abbreviations are bad, they have beaten that into us. In fact one of the questions was about the appropriate use of abbreviations in prescribing practice :mad:, I think I got that one right. I said when faced with a pt with RIF pain that you think maybe MH related Dx is difficult but then PRN meds are indicated as tx and a px for QDS or TDS in the case of NSAIDs :D and if that didn't work just accept they are FuBAB BuNDY
Most GP's cop out with anti inflamatories.... easy option :laughing7:

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts

·
It's Just A Ride....
1,499 Posts
Hey Mabes, I hate exams... The only thing I hate more than Exams are people that find exams easy... Smug B'stards.... :rolleyes:

Get yourself well babe :)

·
TV boffin
328 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
I hate exams... The only thing I hate more than Exams are people that find exams easy..
Nope. I find them easy now. The people I hate are those who found them easy when I was peeing my A level results and degree against the wall.

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts

Thats hysterical :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

reminded me of when I trained - admitedly when dinasaurs walked the earth - we used to try and get the pharmaco stuff into mnemonics and songs to try and remember - some of the stuff we came up with was priceless - hysterical - made us cry with laughter - course, I cant remember any of them now so er, erm, yeah, thats it really .......

:D

G

·
Can't understand most of the gobbldegook in this thread (my idea of medicine is a lovely cup of hot, sweet tea. Fixes everything:D ) but I do understand the grief of exams. So well done Mabe:blob2: :blob2:

Really hope your OK for the National too, won't be the same without you. Oh and If you should spot a red Dommie heading in the opposite direction, wave it down, it might be me on one of my 'detours':rolleyes: :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts