Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)hi guys not been on here to ask any questions but looked at threads for my vigor 650 :thumbup:

does anybody know if there is any aftermarket cans / exhaust system available for the vigor ? or any modifications at all for the exhaust system ? :confused:
it just seems to be too quiet when im filtering in traffic in particulary i want people to hear me coming !!

also while im on here does anyone know of a gearing solution for vigor ?

when im in 3rd it revs too high at 30 mph but uncomfortable on the engine when im in 4th at 30 mph

i bet most of you have experianced this its like happy at 35 mph and at 40 mph in those gears (although that wont wash with the police or speed cameras !!!)
can you imagine sorry officer but my biker likes to do 5 mph over the actual allowed limit :D:D:D
any help would be great cheers !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK this is what I did to my Vigor and it works! Take a 13mm drill and drill 2 holes in the end of both silencers in-between the outer and inner circles of the exhaust. Take a 10mm diameter steel bar about 500mm long, poke through holes and then hit through the baffles inside the cans with a mallet/hammer. 2 holes in each silencer will do the job.
My bike is now a lot louder but not nasty loud!! And has a lovely pop on over-run. It sounds like something off American Chopper at really low revs pulling away too.

EASY, FREE and QUICK....... Job sorted. :thumbright:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts