Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm in need of a new exhaust system for my RD04, but I'm not having much joy sourcing one as yet. I'm pretty sure it's just the end can that I need.

Does anyone on here know if the end cans are interchangeable between the RD04, and RD07, or indeed whether the full system is interchangeable too?

Cheers.

·
Registered
287 Posts
A bit late & off the point but just for everyones information, I discovered that there is a small but frustrating difference between the RD07 & RD07a exhaust. I have recently picked up an exhaust off a RD07 to use for MOT day but found that the top "hanger" bracket is different. The RD07 bracket is long & bolts directly to the frame whereas the RD07a bracket is short & is bolted to a long triangular bracket which in turn bolts to the frame.
Of course the hole for the RD07 bracket lines up right between the 2 holes in the RD07a frame for its "triangular" hanger bracket.

Its an easy fix but beware!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gibbo,

Thanks for that ... not really too late, as I was 'gazumped' in my purchase attempt.

I think I'm going to pioneer this by getting hold of an RD07 exhaust, and seeing what the difference is (working on the proviso that it can always be sold if it's of no use to me).

The search for the holy grail continues .......

S

·
0 Posts
I've got my BSM system off my RD07 lying around in the garage at the moment. If you are anywhere near Abingdon you're welcome to try it to see if it will fit the 04 before you buy one. The rear mount is moveable so it may be OK.

Steve

·
Registered
287 Posts
Likewise, I have the RD07 exhaust off the bike so feel free to make your way to N. London to have a look. Im around on Saturday

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gotta get the beast up and running properly first! Slight problem with the gear selector after its recent rebuild, which means it's all got to come to bits again!

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Landyandy I am free early Saturday morning and don't mind coming around with the AT and we can do a quick strip on mine and see if it will fit on yours.

Send me an email or give me a call tomorrow after about 11:00 as I will be in a meeting early morning on 07810793363.

Missus is going shopping with her mates so I can do with a little ride out. Based in Crystal Palace so can't be to far from you.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Mav,

Not going to be ready for a spin tomorrow, unfortunately ... I haven't made a (re)start on doing the engine as yet - my kids were demanding that I hurried up and finished the radio controlled cars I bought myself, oh, I mean them!

It's been off the road for the last 3 years, so has no MOT, tax, insurance etc, so even if a miracle happens and I get it fixed up this weekend, there are still a few things to be done before it can be considered legal.

When it is up and running (or I get fed up and buy a replacement AT), then I'll definately be up for a scratch ...

Oh, and I'm in SE Kent (near to Ashford). Some great roads in the area.

Cheers,
Andrew

ps ... if you're bored tomorrow, and want to see the guts of an Africa Twin, then you're more than welcome to have a laugh at my expense!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry - being thick! Knackered today, and didn't read your post properly.

If you fancy a spin down to Kent to have a look at the exhaust quandry, it would be good. There's probably no need to take yours off, as mine is off already, so it might just be a case of comparing the end can mounting points.

Have a good meeting!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts