Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone ever fitted an exhaust extractor in your workshop
I have seen them in workshops basically a length of flexible hose with a rubber cone that slips over you end can then the hose runs thro a extractor fan then out thro the wall like a tumble dryer vent not sure how powerful fan would need to be to cope with an engine runing/reving in
any ideas :confused:

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
would have thought any pipe that directs the fumes out would do gonna need a pretty tough extractor to stand the fumes though

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
a standard vacuum cleaner motor should be sufficient, as it is only the bag clogging that causes loss of suction.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
as has been said, you dont need an extractor, just a hose from the exhaust to outside is plenty. its going to get quite hot so a metal end peice or a water hose from a car will be a good idea.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
The Army used to use a slip on hose for the Land rover so they could keep the batteries charged up when using the radios.

·
My Blue Beast
756 Posts
i`ve always found that after 10 pints and a massala you cant beat a gentle waft of the duvet in the general direction of the other half. guaranteed to get a response !!.........( usually a good dig in the side and a very un-ladylike mouthful :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :D:D:D:D:D:D..........oh sorry thinking out loud again..........pipe plus metal heat shield:thumbup:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
so you could run the vehicles engine to keep the batteries charged up, (radio transmitters use a lot of juice) and pipe the exhaust away from the basha/tent/barn/wherever youre hiding so as not to kill off too many brain cells, them squaddies dont have many to spare!
if its like the old fashioned ones ive seen its a like a sort of funnel and long hose that you jam over the exhaust. the ones we use on our flight pan bowsers and cranes have a quick release fitting on the exhaust so we can use them inside the hangers, a bit like a larger metal hosepipe fitting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts