Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a cheapish exhaust for sale for an rdo4 , any make ,shape or size will do ........:)

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
...but you'd also need to be subscribed to post in the wanted and for sale sections.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If you only need the end can, on my AT 650 I used a CBR 600 end can you will need the link pipe as well and will need to cut this down the whole job took me about 2hours, got the end can of ebay £40

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ashley for your reply, I have an Rd07 exhaust on it as it is ,its an original pipe ,but it seems to have rotted where it joins at the front pipe, tried to weld a new peice on but being a very short peice and having to bend /angle it just right and adapt an old car exhaust pipe it went on a bit loose fitting and wrong angle,might have to go down that road with the cbr can ...........you have given me something to think about

·
Registered
461 Posts
well i have an original pipe off my RD04 1991, Its the standard original Pipe minus the shiny stainless outer piece.

the zorst was in good order but I found a new one on ebay sometime ago so i took it off.

I will get it out of the box to check its alright - but like I said it was in fine fetle before i took it off.

Postage wont be cheap to Ireland though - it would have to go standard parcels i reckon.

£20 + postage

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Farmboy that would be great , ill be taking your right arm off as well .......;)...if you can take a look ,if its in any sort of half decent condition ,ill take it off you and be very greatfull ,...thanks for the reply ....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i have an original pipe off my RD04 1991, Its the standard original Pipe minus the shiny stainless outer piece.

the zorst was in good order but I found a new one on ebay sometime ago so i took it off.

I will get it out of the box to check its alright - but like I said it was in fine fetle before i took it off.

Postage wont be cheap to Ireland though - it would have to go standard parcels i reckon.

£20 + postage
Farmboy ,if your still on for selling your exhaust could you email me at [email protected] .....thanks .....Paul

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sorry mate, been busy servicing tractors all day.

will get the zorst out in the morning to check it all over and email you

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries Chris ,that would be excellent ,when ever you get a chance , thanks for going to the trouble to help me out ....:thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Chris any luck locating that exhaust,sorry for putting the pressure on you...... .....

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi pshero does the endcan have three mounting points for the heat guard or four mounting points ? The two endcans are not the same shape were they join down beside the footpeg.I have an endcan with the three mounting points but i dont have the heat guard for it.Francis

·
Registered
461 Posts
Jesus I must be going mad, I went over there the other day and ended up cleaning my bike and totally forgot about the exhaust :rolleyes::D

Will go over and get it NOW and email you back in an hour at the most

Sorry for the delay I have no real excuse other than its a 200 yard walk to the barn and by the time I get there I forget what I am going for

More Zinc required methinks ;)

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Sorry there chris ,Did not mean to step on anyone,s toes.Francis

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fw750x (Francis) thanks for replying ...i think Chris has me sorted out ,i know im in the wrong section for this and i must get subscribed so i can private mail as well instead of wasting space here too ,...but to explain this is my first Twin hadnt a clue about diff models so purchased a 93 plate which turned out to be an m model which then had later brake calipers on it and a later exhaust off an RD07 i think still not sure but it burnt a hole in the indicator ( not my doing )..and the twit that put it on had to leave the panel under the seat off because of where the end can bolted to subframe, so had to go get new panel also ...long story there too ,needles to say a lot of work had to go into it then exhaust went at the joint,tried to line it up but couldnt properly ,..anyway just to ans your question it has 2 bolt mounting points and a type of slide on clip ,.....sorry about the long winded reply
Paul ....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi pshero does the endcan have three mounting points for the heat guard or four mounting points ? The two endcans are not the same shape were they join down beside the footpeg.I have an endcan with the three mounting points but i dont have the heat guard for it.Francis
Hi Francis .
could you Email me on [email protected], if you still have the exhaust ....thanks
Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts