Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
P1060508.jpg P1060506.jpg

Think I need to try and angle that exhaust away from the number plate!!! Didn't think it would do that as its a good distance from it!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Can you not get a number plate without that GB bit and shift it to the left a bit?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Make an aluminium back plate for the number plate it will spread the heat out and act as a heat sink:thumbup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a similar problem with the exhaust melting the indicator! Fixed it with an exhaust extension that you can see here:
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/africa-twin/103154-africa-twins-2014-a-17.html#post930305

I agree with Paulc re the aluminium backing plate. Our number plates in NZ are aluminium with a plastic coating. The white plastic coating on my bike's plate is only slightly discoloured at the edge from the exhaust. The bike burns a little oil, and I suspect it's the oil rather than heat causing the discolouration. Make your backing plate a few mm larger than the number plate and put washers between to make an air gap and you should be good.:)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Simular thing happened on mine except the scott oiler is mounted there and that took the brunt of it :(

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a similar problem with the exhaust melting the indicator! Fixed it with an exhaust extension that you can see here:
http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/africa-twin/103154-africa-twins-2014-a-17.html#post930305

I agree with Paulc re the aluminium backing plate. Our number plates in NZ are aluminium with a plastic coating. The white plastic coating on my bike's plate is only slightly discoloured at the edge from the exhaust. The bike burns a little oil, and I suspect it's the oil rather than heat causing the discolouration. Make your backing plate a few mm larger than the number plate and put washers between to make an air gap and you should be good.:)

Thanks for the idea, but I'd rather melt a number plate than have a pea shooter sticking out the exhaust!!! ;-) lol!!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stimpy just lookin your tyres , continental trail atac , any good ?

VAL
Africa Twin , BMW R1100RT, 2 Bikes twice is happy :)

I love them, they are grippy in the wet and dry. The only fault I have found is when you are pulling away and turning left or right whilst cranking the power on, you can get a bit of wheel spin! I think its quite fun and nothing to worry about! But all round I am very impressed with them!

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
That number plate looks a lot bigger than is legally required. Might be worth trying a smaller one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts