Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to replace my broken can with an original one to hear its lovely sound back. There is one in David Siver but it is built for 1993 RD07 "P" model where mine is a 1998 "W" model. Does anybody know whether it will fit it to mine exactly. I really need this info. :(

·
Registered
287 Posts
Not exactly. The top hanger bracket is different (I think I have posted about this before?). The RD07a has a short exhaust mount that in turn fixes to a triangular bracket that bolts to the frame under the side cover (2 x bolts). The RD07 has a long exhaust mount that fixes directly to the frame (as it happens, directly in between the 2 holes for the RD07a mounting. A drill, hacksaw, grinder, short 12mm bolt, small offcut of 2mm steel plate and 1/2 an hour should do the trick.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Not sure if it's of any use, but I struggled to get hold of an exhaust for my RD04, unless I wanted to pay silly money (Honda price for the muffler was over 300 growlers).

I ended up getting a used (but good) one off Ebay in germany. Cost about 85 quid, plus another 20 quid to my bank to move the money to a german account.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After an investigation I found out that with the postal cost to turkey a new one from an e-shop in uk or e-bay.de nearly reaches the cost of my AT!!! :cry: My mechanic wants to adapt a second hand CBR end can...well of course this is a high performance bike in comparison to my 98 AT; do I have to make any modification to the engine in case of such an attempt?

Any comments ?
umit

S

·
0 Posts
The CBR600 can should be fine. I'm pretty sure that the Remus cans, in the M&P catalogue, for both bikes have the same part number.

Steve

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
SteveLee said:
The CBR600 can should be fine. I'm pretty sure that the Remus cans, in the M&P catalogue, for both bikes have the same part number.

Steve
Interesting, my can won't last much longer either. But: which of the few dozen CBR600 (year/model) would that be?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked the remus one in M&P, yes! they are exactly same.
Will return with the CBR info in a short time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry couldn't get info about the cbr end can cause my mechanic went to germany to buy second hand parts ( cheaper even you add the plane ticket if you buy enough!!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts