Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know if you can fit a TA 650 exhaust to a TA 600?? Or even if it would take a little 'help'???

Cheers all
Roger

·
Registered
307 Posts
:cool:

Yes you can I have one fitted to my TA 600, I had to use a reduction collar to mate them up but other wise it all sits in place nice and neatly
and runs okay. That is 650 silencer onto 600 down pipes

BIG D

·
Registered
256 Posts
From what I understand, the can for both the 600 & 650 are the same, and are interchangable... however (and I may be wrong), bu the downpipes are differnt in two ways:
1) the exhaust ports are at a slightly different angle on the 650 to the 600
2) the 650 downpipes are fitted with an in line CAT, which is a box shape that fits under the swingarm just before the join from the downpipes to the can.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to know...??? as if it is because you require a new end can then let me know as I have one spare...:thumb:

Titch

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Big D, sounds like you nailed it, I may well take the plunge. Hello Tich, Thanks for your tech stuff, having looked at one I think you are right about the three part 650 exhaust. I'm sure with a little jigging that it might just work although I am interested in your old one. We speak about your old exhaust about a month ago - I thought the other guy interested bought it?

If it's still available I can offer £50 including postage????

Just let me know

Cheers
Roger

·
Registered
256 Posts
We speak about your old exhaust about a month ago - I thought the other guy interested bought it?
Thought the name rang a bell...;);) and no the other guy never bothered to get back to me...

If it's still available I can offer £50 including postage????
Yes it is still available, but seem to remember price was around £60 + p&p.... may drop the price somewhat to aid the sale, but will have to check how much depending on the cost of postage... I will be able to get a quote for the postage on Monday, as working all weekend so won't get chance till Monday....

I will let you know then at what price i am willing to go to... but initial thoughts are that it might not be far off what you are offering...

Titch:thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Tich,
Have you had a chance to get that price on mailing the exhaust?:thumbright:

Regards
Roger

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi Tich,
Have you had a chance to get that price on mailing the exhaust?:thumbright:

Regards
Roger
Boll**ks... I knew there was something I forgot to do.... I'm off this w/end and will defo take it to the post office on saturday and see what they say...

Sorry for the delay...

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've sent you an email.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts