Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
I think Chad had them on his Vara - he'll be along eventually to confirm / deny this :D :thumbup:

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
there are loads of varadero/exhaust vids on youtube

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Iknow there are loads on you tube but they dont really tell you anything because everything depends upon the quality of the sound device used to record the exhaust note. More than thisi am looking for any performance gains/reductions, ease of fitting quality of cans etc.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
if you want performance just changing the exhaust wont give you much on an Fi bike, the ECU will be thinking theres something wrong all the time and adjusting itself to suit. you will want a performance air filter and a power commander at £200+ to get much improvement

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that too and those things will come later right now i just need info/ opinions about exhausts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I have got quill cans on mine and think they sound and look fantastic. With them fitted I have got 80Bhp and 70ft/lbs at the back wheel. I don't know I had before but it is definitely torqueier(?) and much better to ride.

Dyno chart....

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Don't really agree with some stuff on here, the ECU simply adjusts itself to the correct co2 and get on with it, mine has!
I found this much better than the fixed mapping of the older Sagem systems that needed remapping.
A powercommander could be used to make custom mapping on a rolling road but due to the unreliability of them I wouldn't go down that road.
The main things to consider are air in, exhaust out, K&N filter for air in and aftermarket exhaust to let the exhaust out, sorted!
A dyno is the best way to check modifications from standard and there's lots of other mods to draw even more power from the 997 motor but at a cost. It's all to do with optimal performance, not maximum. If I was looking for that I'd have bought a VTR not a Vara!
Dunno about Leo Vinci's, someone on here might have tried them, dyno charts on them would be even better but don't know if that info's available, best of luck mate.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here what your saying and agree first comes the pipe (hence the post) then when its service time ask em to pop in the KN while they have the tank off (saves me a job) putting a new pipe and filter isnt so much about performance as aesthetics the vara has a lovely sound which needs to be brought out and shared:thumbright:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leo Vince's bought and fitted absoutely gorgeous will upload a photy or two when i get a minute.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts