Honda XRV Forum banner
1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MCsanandreas 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

Yesterday we went on a long awaited exploratory route I had been planning for many days. We had joining us at last minute David, a friend of us that owns a Honda Revere but puts her anywhere, regardless if it's muddy, rocky, etc.

So, off we went, 92 Dommie, my 03 TA, and David's Revere (NTV). From Barcelona we made our classical routes, going north, and after 100 Kms of pretty known roads we decided that it was late so we had to hurry in order to arrive at the starting point of the track at a reasonable time, to buy food and drink for the day to eat up there in the mountains. We took the fast way and arrived at Ribes de Freser at 1pm.

The track is a little known route that mostly 4x4 and quads do, but a normal bike and not finicky owner can do, rolling at 10 km/h. So for a 40 kms track we headed. I only took pictures at the place we had to stop, eat, have "siesta" (spanish habit), and then go back. Ahead of where we stopped it was impossible to continue due to long and deep packs of snow in the track. Probably if it wasn't so late, and we really HAD to pass them, we would have passed each bike among the 3 of us helping, because like 4 or 5 kms further it looked as if snow was less harsh. This was at about 2.100 meters high.

http://picasaweb.google.com/miramifoto/RutaHaciaTregura#

There are 2 pics I especially shot for XRV's TA owners!

I have discovered that Google Maps considers half of this route as driveable, in the Maps point of view! Well, it was not a difficult route at all for the Dommie an TA, but after deciding to go back and redo the track backwards, David's Revere suffered a lot, because the beggining of the route was a steeeeep slope of sharp rocks, so now it was downwards, braking, every plastic of the bike rattling, rocks knocking the sump, imagine... ;)

more pics of Dommie's owner: http://picasaweb.google.es/suzenako/RibesDeFreser#

Ah! If anyone would like to have this route in .kml format (google earth's) I'll gladly post it.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Yeah!, the HUMM! The guy with the dommie and myself we've been talking many times about joining the HUMM this summer, but probably we won't be able to participate the games due to some schedule uncertainty; nevertheless, we'll sure go up there 1 or 2 days just to see you guys and hang around!

Boboneleg, I took the liberty of browsing your pic gallery and now I can put faces on you, after having read your messages. BTW, nice trails and countryside up there un Great Britain!

Here we don't have so much countryside, at least in Barcelona surroundings, you see, you gotta drive 100 kms to see green and feel free (I don't mean green for walking purposes, I mean green to ride for long time off-road) . So that's why we go to the Pyrenees anytime we've got the chance.

We'll finish the route I was posting about in 2-3 weeks (so no snow will stop us) because with further google detail I've spotted a couple of lake-ponds that would make the perfect location for sandwiching-.siesting! :thumbup:

Now I'm waiting for my pal to upload the video he made (he always makes amazing videos everywhere we ride)

cheers mates

#9 ·
#8 ·
Thanks a lot Dave!

Although that gallery is just for fun purposes, mainly routes, parties, shows I attend, etc, I always try to keep my professional eye, because I'm a photographer. Those pics have a special post-processing with Photoshop to enhance color balance, and specific areas of the picture are highlighted over the others; nothing of another galaxy, just common process every photographer uses.

Take a look at these ones:

Picasa Web Albums - veodoble - Domingo de Ramos

Those are shot with my cell phone! I was trying to keep bulky things at a minimum because the route I planned was purportedly bumpy and complicated, so I didn't even take any camera, just the phone and ****; You see, it ALL depends in the care you take for your pictures (with knowledge) after you shoot them. Pics out of a cell phone can even be good enough for screen size if you manipulate them properly. I've seen a LOT of pics here from you guys that would look really amazing with a little bit of Photoshop.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.