Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had a brill weekend down at the Hograost with the UKGSer's crowd, on the long ride back I got to thinking.

I'd like to have manual control of my fans (RD04, 1992, 46k miles) for two reasons. 1. Coz I like to see the temp gauge kept as low as poss, and 2. Just to have another gadget:D:D:D
I'm also planning to have extra riding/fog type lights as well, mounted on the riky cross bars.
So...I'm thinking of getting a small waterproof box from Maplin (other retail outlets are available :D), sticking it on the inside of the fairing or perhaps the bars, and having a couple of switches to control the fans and the lights.

So....has anyone done this already? I've tried searching and lost the will to live.

Cheers

Mungrel

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Having had a brill weekend down at the Hograost with the UKGSer's crowd, on the long ride back I got to thinking.

I'd like to have manual control of my fans (RD04, 1992, 46k miles) for two reasons. 1. Coz I like to see the temp gauge kept as low as poss, and 2. Just to have another gadget:D:D:D
I'm also planning to have extra riding/fog type lights as well, mounted on the riky cross bars.
So...I'm thinking of getting a small waterproof box from Maplin (other retail outlets are available :D), sticking it on the inside of the fairing or perhaps the bars, and having a couple of switches to control the fans and the lights.

So....has anyone done this already? I've tried searching and lost the will to live.

Cheers

Mungrel
someone outhere must have done it as it's an easy mod to make, just remember over cooling can be as bad as overheating effiency wise but agree's in summer time it can help or you could just get a radiator thermo switch which cuts the fan in at a lower temperature

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Small fabricated aluminium bracket for two waterproof switches, mounted with double sided tape onto the top of the warning light box on one of my RD07's for 2 sets of lights (one LED set and the other set Ultra Bright PIAA's). No pictures - sorry :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I'd like to have manual control of my fans (RD04, 1992, 46k miles)
Cheers

Mungrel

you got two fans then?

I am toying with fitting a second fan to the left rad, as the FT has an RD04 motor without the oil cooler, so runs with the temp gauge in the bottom third and the fan can come on quite regularly ( ie now and again as opposed to almost never ).. only in traffic

idea is to have a three position switch

on

auto so it comes on with the other fan on the stat

off so that only the right fan comes on

as the oil cooler seems to makes a difference offroad and slow speed running I am slowly collecting the bits to retrofit it.. just need the pipes and cooler now, as I got the adapter plate the other day

were you having heating issues? evem with two fans?

cheers

Ray

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, a typographical misprunt. I added an "s", there's only one fan.
No heating issues, just though I'd like to have a little more control.

Cheers

Mungrel

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Sorry, a typographical misprunt. I added an "s", there's only one fan.
No heating issues, just though I'd like to have a little more control.

Cheers

Mungrel
thanks Mungrel

just fit a switch the by override the stat..

i.e. wire it accross the stat terminas.. when its on the fan runs all the time whenits off the fan will cut in normaly

any one got a fan hidding doing nothing let me know :thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts