Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having fitted HG (really Oxford) heated grips, which are fine, and a battery charger socket ('cos the old faired BM is sooo tempting this weather and the Alp gets left in the shed a bit more than it deserves) It occurred to me that there must be a tidy way of adding fused extra take-offs to my '03 Alp, maybe a fuse box from an old BMC Mini, otherwise I can see things around the Battery/main fuse getting very cluttered, which is not a safe thing.
Any ideas, please.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I went to my local part parts shop and bought a 4 fuse holder with the terminals underneath.
It fits perfectly next to the Rear Brake reservoir, One wire from the Battery to a block connector. This splits the feed to each of the terminals, all wires can be hidden in the storage box under the seat.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks friends, you've got me thinking that if I get a 4 or 6 way fuse holder, ideally with concealed terminals, then maybe I can solder wires to bridge the inputs, and have just one feed from the battery.
Cheers for the ideas.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Thanks friends, you've got me thinking that if I get a 4 or 6 way fuse holder, ideally with concealed terminals, then maybe I can solder wires to bridge the inputs, and have just one feed from the battery.
Cheers for the ideas.
This is what I did, bought a cheapo 6 way fusebox & bridged 4 together for a switched supply, the other two bridged for perm live together then a bolt/wingnut for a common earthing point nearby.
All fits neatly (well no electrickery that I do is that neat......) under the r/h side panel.

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts