Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
I have a technical question about the new (still to install) Facet fuel pump on my AT RD04. To put it on the same place as the old fuelpump you need to make a "cramped" loop on the fuel hose because it is pretty narrow at the place there. So I thought I could do this with a connection of fittings as seen on the 2nd pic below. This would give me a "tight and narrow" just nice fit.

This may be a stupid question now but could the small 90° angle have a negativ effect on fuel flow? I thought NOT - but just wanted to make sure. Any thoughts or technical advise on it? Thank you.

Greetings from switzerland

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I see nothing wrong with either of those pics. Fuel hose is designed to bend like that providing their are no distinct kinks..and at 4.5 psi
or whatever it is...it will still deliver. The fittings of course would work fine too. I personally would use the hose.:thumbright:

·
Registered
86 Posts
i have an rd07 and the fuel comes from the back of the bike and goes to the front so obviously put the pump in the direction of the flow so no need to make a u turn on the fuel line?... has the rdo4 a different layout?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it must be different. I see no other way to do it. Well, it will be another 3 weeks before I get to work on the bike again.
Actually, it's the AfricaTwin that is supposed to bring me all around Australia in 2011 :cool:

Greets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts