Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The loos and showers are more substantial than at Dent but I suspect we might need extra loos. Any thoughts? Who will organise this?
Can we get power out to the marquee (assuming we have one)? Anyone know if there is internet access - We could webcam the whole event :p

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
The loos and showers are more substantial than at Dent but I suspect we might need extra loos. Any thoughts? Who will organise this?
Can we get power out to the marquee (assuming we have one)? Anyone know if there is internet access - We could webcam the whole event :p
I think extra Loos might be a Idea.Got to ask DaveS as he organized them last Year..Not a clue about power or Internet access but i will find out:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
I understand why extra toilets were provided last year. But this year we are going to a campsite that is set up fo 75 tents and 10 caravanettes, there should be no need for extras. I don't believe when the UKGSers go there each year they get in extra loos.

Their website doesn't mention anything about internet access at all, so someone will need to contact them.

XRV will be providing a marquee, so can someone check that it's OK for us to put it up.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I understand why extra toilets were provided last year. But this year we are going to a campsite that is set up fo 75 tents and 10 caravanettes, there should be no need for extras. I don't believe when the UKGSers go there each year they get in extra loos.

Their website doesn't mention anything about internet access at all, so someone will need to contact them.

XRV will be providing a marquee, so can someone check that it's OK for us to put it up.
Ok will give them a call today:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts

Having camped there a few times there's two toilets there, although when the pub is open I think there's one more. They also close for cleaning I seem to remember at some stupid time like 9am.
We had a better ratio last year when we bought some extra one's in. So I would have thought we'd need 2 or 3. Budget on £200 for 2 toilets for 3 days.
So yes I would think we do need to bolster up the numbers somewhat.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having camped there a few times there's two toilets there, although when the pub is open I think there's one more. They also close for cleaning I seem to remember at some stupid time like 9am.
We had a better ratio last year when we bought some extra one's in. So I would have thought we'd need 2 or 3. Budget on £200 for 2 toilets for 3 days.
So yes I would think we do need to bolster up the numbers somewhat.
I tend to agree with Dave. And yes they do close at just the time you most need them.
So Dave, can you organise a couple of loos?
I suggest, first, that Vader contacts the pub and tells them we think we might need extra loos and would it be OK for us to organise it?
I think the pub has had Pete contact them and it should remain a single person who contacts them so they know what is going on and who to call with any queries.
First off, will they need a water supply? If so, we'll need to tell Pete before he calls the pub. What kind of access do they need etc?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pete,
Jaqueslemac just PM'd me this:

Is someone letting the pub know how many of us there are?

Before I read Chad's post about a block booking I sent the pub an email.

I had a response today. The landlady said she'd put my name down so they had some idea of how many poeple would be coming.

I know all 60 in the calendar won't turn up/camp, but it might be an idea to let the pub have an update on numbers. If most of them do turn up, it should be quite a weekend!
Can we get back on to the Plume to make sure they do realise we have a small army descending on them. Presumably we don't need everyone to book individually?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The email

Sent: 15 July 2008 11:45
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: FW: Camping

Hello James, sorry about the late reply but I have been on holiday.

I have put you in the diary so we have a rough idea on numbers.
The payment is on arrival inside the Plume please.

We look forward to see you (and your bike's) on the 11th of September.

Kind regards

Sandra Hutchinson

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I just spoke to the lady from the Plume on Saturday and upped our booking from 40 to 55 so they know there is a fair few of us coming:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
oh and also when we went there camping i spoke to them about the Food,BBQ and a Gazebo and they where fine with all.They even can supply the meat for the BBQ if we give them enough warning:D

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
OK - have spoken to the Plume of Featers to get a definitive answer on the Loos and Showers:

• 2 showers for Gents
  • 2 loos for gents
and seperately:

• 2 showers for Ladies
  • 2 loos for Ladies
:thumbright:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
:thumbup: The ladies will be alright then.

:D:D:D:D
But you just know this will be open to abuse by 'certain' members........:sign5::sign5:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
I'm not sure that Jonathan has posted this elsewhere but apologies if it has been. We (Jonathan, Annette and I) had a chat on Wed night about funding and priorities and I'm afraid that means that the forum subscription can't fund the toilets this year as planned. This is because we urgently need to divert funds to the site hosting to get us out of a situation.
So that means if people want this we need to find a way to raise the money.
Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Why not just put a post up saying exactly this?
If you guys want extra Toilets could you please donate £5 or so?

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Yes I probably need to turn this around a bit.
It needs organising basically and needs someone to sort it. Unless someone steps up there won't be any extra loo's. Which may not be a problem of course, but just wanted to make it clear.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you factored in any profit from the T-shirts?
Anyway. I am sure people will be happy to pay a fiver towards extra loos.
I'll announce this if you like.
Have loos been organised and sorted with the Plume?

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Have you factored in any profit from the T-shirts?
Anyway. I am sure people will be happy to pay a fiver towards extra loos.
I'll announce this if you like.
Have loos been organised and sorted with the Plume?
No profit has been factored in with the t-shirts.
No loos have been organised.
2 last year cost about £200 if I recall correctly.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No profit has been factored in with the t-shirts.
No loos have been organised.
2 last year cost about £200 if I recall correctly.
OK organising team - that's you Vader.

Could you check with the Plume that they're OK about us putting in a couple of portaloos and then organise them arriving for Thursday PM or Friday morning and being taken away on Monday.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
I will give them a call no worrys but will have to take a step back from anything else.
At the moment i am not sure any more if we will be able to come at all:(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts