Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years I've decided to change bike away from the Honda stable.
I would like to thank all those who contributed or commented on any of my posts.
You've been a really helpful bunch of people.

FYI i've just bought a new 2017 VStrom 650, not the xt version.
Reallly nice bike, I'll miss the vibs from the 700 vtwin.

Regards
Graeme

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
After many years I've decided to change bike away from the Honda stable.
I would like to thank all those who contributed or commented on any of my posts.
You've been a really helpful bunch of people.

FYI i've just bought a new 2017 VStrom 650, not the xt version.
Reallly nice bike, I'll miss the vibs from the 700 vtwin.

Regards
Graeme
Enjoy your new toy.:hello2::hello1::hello2:

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
As Hotbulb above, I've been a Transalp owner for 25 years or so (on and off) and moved to a 13 model, 650 Vstrom 2 years ago, great value all-rounders.
Some of the Suzuki penny-pinching may make you whince but generally they're good, well proven bikes.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Alps though

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
well wear wit your new bike . they are a smashing bike and I may well own one myself in the future they are highly regarded bikes a friend of mine has had vstrom 650 and bmw gs1200 and said they are every bit as good . we wont fall out with you for defecting from Honda on hear :D drop round for a cup of tea and a chat now and then and let us know how your getting on with it . ride safe and enjoy the summer with your new toy :thumbright:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have to agree about the Vstrom.
Smooth, a bit more power and also as comfy.
When me and the other half picked it up I was amazed that out of the wrapper and only doing 45-55 mph it returned 64mpg average over a 30 mile ride.
A nice touch is a built in 12v outlet at the dash level for ease of connecting up satnav etc.
As usual not much space unter the saddle, as the sales man said room for half a sandwich.

Also bought a SnapJack, one of these things that lifts the rear wheel off the ground when on the side stand to oil the chain etc when you don't have a centre stand.

This is probably my last post so continue to enjoy the TA, loved mine but just time to move on.

Regards
Graeme

1 - 6 of 6 Posts