Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I made the fatal mistake of having a test ride on a Varadero at my local Honda dealer on Saturday, and guess what.....there's an ex demo Varadero sat in my garage at this moment in time (it is raining and I am at work).:mad::mad:

I have to say I was immediateley impressed with the comfort, torque and smoothness of the bike, I was smiling ear to ear as i was testing/riding it.

I took my missus on the back last night and could hardly tell she was there, and not having been on the back of a bike for 15-20 years she liked it - which is a bonus.

I can't wait for some dry days and I'll be booking a few days off work.;);)

Rich

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Well done Rich,
I agree the Vara is the first bike that I have had that feels little different with a pillion on board. It's no longer a chore, as it used to be with sports bikes, taking Mrs Boris along and she no longer moans when she does come about her bum being sore. Although I do think it may not just be the vara pillion seat that has gained a bit of extra padding over the years though. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I can't wait for some dry days

Get to the back of the que.:angry3:
Weather has been so bad.
I can't remember the last dry day we had.

However.
Hope you contuine to enjoy your new steed.
Many happy and safe miles.

Loudpedal

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
every time my wife gets off the back of my Varadero she says she can't get over how comfortable it is, and I barely notice her on there too:thumbright:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Boris

You should hope she does'nt read your thread or you may need some extra padding in your pants !!!

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Get to the back of the que.:angry3:
Weather has been so bad.
I can't remember the last dry day we had.

Loudpedal
Too right, the only few decent days we have had in the past 6 weeks I have had to work in trying to catch up with the harvest backlog on the farm... :(

I thought, just for a few minutes today, that it'd be fit to pop out for a spin and then I remembered I needed to get and dry some grain as it had stopped raining!!

One day, the sun will shine again.... and then I am sodding off for a few days!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well today I got up as usual and started to get ready to go to work, looked out of the window and saw a loveley blue sky, so I watched the weather forecast and it was half decent - quick text to the boss and hey presto..... I have a day's holiday.

So, got the bike out, got my gear on and away. Breifly for anyone who knows West/North Yorks the route was - Bradford, Otley, Pateley Bridge, Ripon, Thirsk, Sutton Bank, Helmesley, Stokesley, Yarm, Scotch Corner, A66, Brough, Tebay, Kendal, Devils Bridge, Skipton and back home to Bradford. 300 wonderful miles on my new Varadero, she never missed a beat, fuel light came on at 210 miles and it stayed dry all day.

Happy days :smile::blob7::smile::thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Rich, nice ride. We will have to hook up sometime, I am over in Harrogate.
I have a blast planned for tomorrow, hooo-ha, weather permitting. Think I will nip over to Whitby for some Fish and chips for Lunch.

I did my usual short trip on the Africa twin today, whenever I can get a spare hour and a half in the evening I do Harrogate-Skipton - Grassington-Pately Bridge-Harrogate. Good run to blow the cobwebs off.

Dave:grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts