Honda XRV Forum banner
936 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jarl 
#1 ·
Went for a nice ride in the countryside to do some gentle lanes whilst the beautiful sun was shining! All going terrific, did the final lane and set for home feeling happy with myself that i had put off dissertation work for at least another few hours! :thumbright:

Heading up the road when all of a sudden the revs leap up and have a complete lose of power :( pull over and jump off and notice that there is nothing connecting the front sprocket to the rear......... A very nice old couple who i stopped by asked if i was ok and whether or not i had a mobile, which i did, and then promptly drove off!

End result was having to push the thing 5 miles home, mostly up hill! (not part of the AA at the moment... )

I am now bloody shattered and feel the need for a very cold pint!

And i thought getting a bike would be easier than maintaining a 4x4!

On the plus side two bikers stopped and asked if i was ok, there wasnt much they could have done but it was nice of them to stop! (i did drape the chain over the back just so it didnt look like i had ran out of petrol :rolleyes:)

And the last thing was that i have never seen so many empty little flatbed trucks pass me before, all heading my way!

Im off to get a drink!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.