Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up my dom today, cant help thinks through it seems a bit under powered for a 650
i know you cant compare but i had a xr 650 a few years ago and that was a right beast.
i also have a wr 450 at the moment but the dom is no where near that on power either.
is it just the way they are or im i expecting a bit much.

also is there a top box that will bit the rear rack
cheers again no doubt i,l be back with lots more questions :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
it is a bit sluggish which is why I went for a Vara, great fun though all the same.....

·
Registered
140 Posts
picked up my dom today, cant help thinks through it seems a bit under powered for a 650
i know you cant compare but i had a xr 650 a few years ago and that was a right beast.
i also have a wr 450 at the moment but the dom is no where near that on power either.
is it just the way they are or im i expecting a bit much.

also is there a top box that will bit the rear rack
cheers again no doubt i,l be back with lots more questions :D
you have to do some mods on the nx

if yeu have the emissions thingy on the side junk it

google "xr650l car mods" and follow the steps in daves carb mods

rejet the carb aswell

de-snorkel the air box and fit a free flow filter

ive not ridden mine properly yet but i can tell you after perofming these mods my nx sound like it means it rather than just having a go

and if all that fails go up some teeth on the rear sprocket:thumbup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Minty,
My Domi is bog standard and is pretty slow compaired to other 650's I have owned. So dont worry.
I ride it accordingly on the road and am getting used to it off road.

Rick.:cool:

·
Registered
140 Posts
after the mods will it go through rather than just sound like it is
by free flow you mean a k&n filter or simaler

these mods will no doubt boost perofrmance ....but dont expect miracles, i cant tell you what it would be like to ride compared to a standard nx cos ive built mine after someone starved it of oil

mines now running at 670cc plus the afore mentioned mods so its quite away from standard.

if after all this its still not pulling the skin off of rice pudding im gonna change the rear sprocket

ive also noticed on ebay america hot xr650l cams which will bolt straight in for about the $150 mark might be worth a think about :blob6:

·
Registered
140 Posts
if your into trail riding zippy have a look at this forum also do the odd road ride also
www.southwalestrailriders.com

back to the bike i,l give it a few weeks see how it go,s
Minty

im already signed up to the vdsr site i signed up about a year ago ...they seem to be very cautious over who they let in their group and arent keen on giving out any info on the routes they ride i read some posts from some guys who seemed to think the police were reading the forum to try and assertain where these guys would be riding next ...

to be honest i found it quite discoraging which is a bugger cos some of thos pictures look awesome but then again im not sure my dommy could cope with the harder stuff those guys take

however if you have any info on routes close to swansea or in brecon would be awesome! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
are you meaning vdsr or south wales trail riders?
im steve on the later good group of guys there, not been going that long
i,l be doing a few lighter trails on the domi soon
keep an eye out s,wales i,l post the rides there.
have you done strata florida?

my mistake, for some reason i thought the link to your forum went to vdsr

ill register and say hi

i havent done any of trails and am quite a novice as an off road rider...i rode quite a bit as a child / teenager

ill register and say hi nd when the nx is on the road in about 3 weeks id like to come along :thumbleft:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts