Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My Transalp is turning in to a project! So far I have changes the left hand switch cluster, the indicator relay and the speedo sender unit.

Next problem!

Went to fill up today after a long trip in the rain and found the surround of the filler hole was full of water with none draining down the hole positined at 9 oclock...

Where is the other end of this pipe? Am I going to roger anything if I stick some flexiable wire down it and give it a really good jiggle?

Also I guess 20 ml water must have gone into the tank....is that enough to worry about?

J

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
The drain runs through the tank & joins a rubber hose at the rear/underneath the tank which exits underneath the the bike where all the other hoses gather - make sure the end of the pipe isn't bunged with chain gunk.

It could be blocked in the tube through the tank but the rubber was probably nipped or kinked when the tank was last refitted.

The water shouldn't do any harm, if you get any running problems drain the carb float bowls.

Phil

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
DO NOT USE WIRE TO POKE IT OUT, get an air line and blow it through.

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
check under the bike behind the engine in front of the subchamber first to see if the pipe is full of crud,it's rubber and you can squeeze it to see if it is solid with gunk.then undo the bolt holding the tank on and lift about 1 inch,you should be able to see if the tube is snagged or crushed under the tank or between frame and tank.

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Fitting that tube (and the other one next to it) is a right pain as they are a bit too short. I'd like to meet the Jap at the factory who cuts them....

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
or the brazilian..................or spaniard in our case

1 - 6 of 6 Posts