Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi finally got my @ tonight problemis its to dark to photograph it. I think a lot of work to get it up to scratch but I have plenty of time. Next job it to tax and mot it then a quick blast. Cant wait lol:p I will not answer questions on what type of caravans are in the following pics lol only the bike

AFRICA TWIN :: IMG_2134.jpg picture by een705 - Photobucket
AFRICA TWIN :: IMG_2135.jpg picture by een705 - Photobucket
AFRICA TWIN :: IMG_2136.jpg picture by een705 - Photobucket
AFRICA TWIN :: IMG_2137.jpg picture by een705 - Photobucket
AFRICA TWIN :: IMG_2138.jpg picture by een705 - Photobucket

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Welcome mate, they'll be along soon enough moaning about the lack of pics, mark my words!
Watch those brakes if the bike's sat a while, renowned for sticking calipers, wouldn't want you warping a disc! :thumbup:
Look forward to the pics, is it an RD04 or RD07?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know its a rd07y and will probably need work on the brakes as its quite hard to push when I parked it up but will keep you guys informed to what I find after a ride out. There seems to be a few drops of fuel or oil on the floor near the side stand and its only been parked up for an hour will investigate further tomorrow

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice one :thumbup: I got my AT on Saturday too, taken all week and I still haven't got it to pass an MOT though :rolleyes: but should be done tomorrow and I can't wait to go ride! Bet you're looking forward to it too...

Get some pics up :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Another Northerner, isle of Piel or a least afew hours up the lakes. (30+ bikes) next month? check-out meet-ups/ride-outs, calender.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I got one last weekend as well 94 RD07 got a bit of work to do myself but does have tax and MOT . I'm glad i'm not alone the more i dig into it the more i can see i have to do

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Hi finally got my @ tonight problem is its to dark to photograph it. I think a lot of work to get it up to scratch but I have plenty of time. Next job it to tax and mot it then a quick blast. Cant wait lol:p
And the job after that is put yer name forward for www.thelongestday.og.uk and see if the bike and you are capable of a lomg ride, that will sort the problems out and you will have an army of blokes and girls to help you along the way :thumbup:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Nice one :thumbup: I got my AT on Saturday too, taken all week and I still haven't got it to pass an MOT though :rolleyes: but should be done tomorrow and I can't wait to go ride! Bet you're looking forward to it too...

Get some pics up :D
Go ride the www.thelongestday.org.uk and meet some of the AT owners that frequent this mad house we call a forum :confused: you will be more than welcome :thumbup:

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Another Northerner, isle of Piel or a least afew hours up the lakes. (30+ bikes) next month? check-out meet-ups/ride-outs, calender.
Foz, after Piel Isalnd the next major trip is www.thelongestday.org.uk (70+bikes) you could be 71 if you play your cards right ? Come on ! it will be a blast, and raising money for a good cause, see you there ? :thumbup:

·
where next?
508 Posts
As far as I know its a rd07y and will probably need work on the brakes as its quite hard to push when I parked it up but will keep you guys informed to what I find after a ride out. There seems to be a few drops of fuel or oil on the floor near the side stand and its only been parked up for an hour will investigate further tomorrow
Don't ride too much with sticky brakes as the heat can build up and warp your discs.
I have a drop or two of oil on the floor after parking up for a while like you. I've had a thorough check of my output shaft seal and gear selector shaft seal which are both fine. I'm sure that it's just a build up of chain oil (scottoiler) and so I've wedged a bit of washing up sponge between the frame and bash plate to catch it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think I'm the 4th in this thread who picked up an @ last weekend !!
Mine's a tidy 2000 RD07A, with the quicker black/gold colour scheme.
Pics to follow

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
EEN 705... YOU ABSOLUTE LUCKY ****! I've been doin' a lot of searching with little results on how to put mag wheels on my babe, then today finally i'm informed of the whereabouts of someone who's done it... And YOU ... buy one ready done!!! the cheek of it. Seen that you're pretty close, any chance we could meet-up sometime so i could see details, greatly appreciated. :happy6:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
EEN 705... YOU ABSOLUTE LUCKY ****! I've been doin' a lot of searching with little results on how to put mag wheels on my babe, then today finally i'm informed of the whereabouts of someone who's done it... And YOU ... buy one ready done!!! the cheek of it. Seen that you're pretty close, any chance we could meet-up sometime so i could see details, greatly appreciated. :happy6:

You are more than welcome I will PM you my telephone number and email so we can arrange a time etc

·
where next?
508 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts