Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally pulled off a trip to wales, last two times my bike broke down/had problems :rolleyes:

All sorted now and had an excellent weekend. The pictures are in no particular order, I can't remember what I saw first or where half of it was haha so just enjoy the pics as a whole.

At a reservoir/dam type place in wales somewhere

All I could think here is of getting lots of tarpaulin and some fairy liquid... SLIP N SLIDE!

Straight off a sales-brochure :cool::D

Camp shot, only so many pictures you can post of a tent so here's just the one ;)

Got woken up by these bastids!

Found a nice bridge made in 1913 with a nice backdrop

Lots of mountain passes etc, some with sheer drops and no barriers... this was one of the smaller drops :D

Sun-bathing sheep

Now for my favourite picture in my favourite place of the trip... this road was between brecon and tregaron, it went on for MILES of twisty roads around this reservoir/lake... road was great, the sheep were comical as they plonk themselves in the middle of the road and don't seem too bothered about moving :D took a fair while going around these roads, I only saw 2 cars the whole time and they both pulled over to let me past... quality!

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
wasn't you at the Cafe in LLandovery? Sharrie and my self seen you:thumbup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wasn't you at the Cafe in LLandovery? Sharrie and my self seen you:thumbup:
Possibly? All the places sound the same to me :D

I think we may well have been though as we headed to Llandovery then up to Tregaron and onto aberystwth. I don't know if I saw you or not though, saw loaaaaaads of BMW's, KTM 990 and even another Africa twin out. I know we stopped at a cafe just north of aberystwyth but may well have stopped in llandovery too, can't remember!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Pictures look like llyn brianne, twyi bridge, I was staying at a stunning camping and caravan club site about a mile from that bridge,
I may have passed you about 12.30 / 13.00 ish between breacon and llandovery I seen at least 2 africa twin on that road, I was in a red mondeo with a 22ft white box behind it,
J was that your red bmw park outside the cafe at about 12.30?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twin, someone on another forum told me where the dam is and it is indeed llyn briane reservoir :) :D

No idea if I saw you, I tend not to notice cars unless they're really special hehe. But I was with my mate who has a black KTM 950 Adventure.

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
I live near there and that's one of my Sunday routes - how lucky am I - very seeing your phots - nice pics, nice place

·
chrisb
59 Posts
Wheeliesparks,
Great photos, thanks for them. Looks fantastic.
Angelo, I have given a bit of thought to perhaps going over to Holyhead, down thru' West Wales and taking a ferry back from Pembroke. Not interested in off-roading at all but could you perhaps give me a few pointers.. insert a few "via's" on the way.,,stopovers..perhaps 1 or 2 nights with t'other half. Would be a shame to miss out by a couple of miles on something really interesting.
Many thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Shhh! Nah, there's nothing to see here. Move along, move along. Wales? Nope, not worth visiting. I hear Scotland's nice though.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
Gotta say it yet again - must be a calendar pic (maybe have a week to a pic for 2011???!) :thumbup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotta say it yet again - must be a calendar pic (maybe have a week to a pic for 2011???!) :thumbup:
:D Good idea.

Easily my favourite picture for the weekend, can't wait to go into work tomorrow so I can re-do and improve the picture in photoshop! (I re-sized the current pictures in irfanview which is a bit limited!) It will definetly be my new wallpaper for the time being! :cool:

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Shhh! Nah, there's nothing to see here. Move along, move along. Wales? Nope, not worth visiting. I hear Scotland's nice though.
Thats right this is a local place for local people there's nothing for you here.:cyclopsani:

Nice report wheelie:thumbright:

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Wheeliesparks,
Great photos, thanks for them. Looks fantastic.
Angelo, I have given a bit of thought to perhaps going over to Holyhead, down thru' West Wales and taking a ferry back from Pembroke. Not interested in off-roading at all but could you perhaps give me a few pointers.. insert a few "via's" on the way.,,stopovers..perhaps 1 or 2 nights with t'other half. Would be a shame to miss out by a couple of miles on something really interesting.
Many thanks,
Chris
No problem - I will give it some thought - there are some great road runs between the two ports but to see the best you need some time. How long are you going to take?

Angelo

·
Registered
181 Posts
Me and two mates are off to Wales on Friday morning and will be riding to, around and back again until Sunday night.

We're camping in Dolgellau in/on Snowdonia. Camping whilst on a bike is a first for me so packing dry bags and strapping them to my bike will be my main challenge as I've always had panniers and stayed in B&B's.

Can't contain my excitement :blob:, just hope I can sleep well the night before as its going to be a long 5 to 6 hours riding to the campsite otherwise.

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
J was that your red bmw park outside the cafe at about 12.30?

No was not me or the nadgery old man from Pencoed, it was another old codger. And he did not say hello :D

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
We're camping in Dolgellau.
If you eat in the Italian on the outskirts, DO NOT have the hot pizza:p (The Devil?)
They use Scotch Bonnet chillis on it - I would not want to be in a tent, or sit on a bike for several days afterwards!

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you eat in the Italian on the outskirts, DO NOT have the hot pizza:p (The Devil?)
They use Scotch Bonnet chillis on it - I would not want to be in a tent, or sit on a bike for several days afterwards!
I'll remember that for the next trip but we managed on Fish 'n' Chips on the first night and then BBQ burgers and bangers the next complimented by a pot of couscous salad

One of many glorious views from our trip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts