Honda XRV Forum banner

First few weeks with my new AT

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  nomad 
#1 ·
Just thought i would share my observations about my @ (try to stay awake at the back)

Always loved the @,always wanted one but never got around to getting my licence,finally this year i did!

As soon as i saw Muzz's for sale i rang him and now its mine :p

First impression was 'Jesus its a beast!' well i was moving up from a Honda MTX125,small difference in size!

Anyway,trailered it home and went for a blast the following day,ill just get some juice,21 quid later! thats a bigass tank.Why was i worried about the size?..soooooooo easy to ride,much easier than the old smoker,i couldnt stop grinning all the time....Then the Reg/Rec died,pisser,at least it did it now and not in the middle of nowhere,Wemoto next day delivery sorted that problem.

I love the way i can tower over cars,great road presence,especially with the twin lights blazing and the Produro can barking away(lovely sound). The 136db Stebel horn(scared the crap out of my elderly neighbour as i tooted at her) is great too

If only it was as easy to push up my garden path as it is to ride,ended up taking the fence down so that i can ride in without a 20 point turn,sure i could of just ran straight over the fence though on second thoughts :p

The bike was treated with derision by one of my R6 riding work colleagues and the superbike brigade,thats not a bike etc etc,well it makes his look like a minimoto and he looks like a tit perched atop it,hey ho most people love it :D

Just got the heated grips working,wahay just in time,and de-purpled the back of the bike a bit by removing the topbox rack

Still awake? Well all in all i think it makes a wicked first big bike and im so glad i finally got off my ass and bought one,My GS1200 riding brother in law took it for a spin on the weekend and loved it which i was quite surprised about.

See less See more
#2 ·
Good choice. Now keep it and dont be tempted to sell it!

Most people who do swap for something else soon regret it.

Ive had mine for 15 months and recently received an email from the previous owner who wants it back if he can sell his GS1150.

I will be keeping mine but i would consider a 2nd bike if i could afford it.

#5 ·
I'm awake, honest I am.... ;)

When your Bro offers to swap, refuse... :rolleyes:

Take it easy... :rolleyes:
Yeah Ride your Bro's then get back on the @ and rub it in------How much did yours cost ?, how much do BM charge you for servicing ? ----------ohhh yes i almost forgot has'nt every wanna be Euan McGregor got one (could have been a little more crude).

Enjoy both the bike and rubbing it in :D :D.

As for the R6 brigade ---get them on a good twisty bumpy country road :D :D

#9 ·
Have to agree a cracking bike!

As for the R6 riders - give it a couple more weeks of this cold (assuming he's not 'stored it for winter as it's a precision tool' blah blah blah)he'll be so hacked off seeing you arrive with a smile and air of a warm smug git he'll shut up.

And if he don't just tell him you went for the AT as you never liked the tit on a toothpick look of the modern sportsbike rider/bore....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.