Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I've been doing work to the bike to ready it for some off road adventures I thought I'd might as well christen the new bits. On the way back from a ride out on the road I thought I'd go back to a green lane I know and see how we did (Off road noobe).

Within 30ft I'd already thrown the bike down the lane, but I've learnt something, I can pick it up again too. :thumbright: Thankfully the graves crash bars did their thing and no damage.

This lane is only about 1/2 mile long but as it got further along the ruts became pretty deep and I ended up stuck a couple of times. Got it out though, on my own so that's good.

Oh and think attempting this with a Distanzia almost on the wear limit was probably not the best move. I'm eager to find out whether things are easier with the tkc80's that are waiting to be collected.

Anyway he's a few pics from afterwards, couldn't get any en-route.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
Nice one Dysan
nice n dirty be good to go back and do it again with different rubber

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm thinking, I hope they're ALOT better. Seriously, it was a right handful in places, specially when what's left of the tread on the tyre became clogged with the clay mud we have here.

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
I am sure the new rubber will be better once you get it.

Does the panniers help or hinder ?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure the new rubber will be better once you get it.

Does the panniers help or hinder ?
I'm so used to them being on the bike I don't notice them anymore. I'd gone out with my mrs shopping and so had to be suitably equipped to carry 14 pairs of shoes and a dozen new handbags ;)

I've got some ali panniers (bigger) that I need to get a fitting kit for, but they will have to be pretty hardy to better the Givi ones. They've been on the bike since I got it 35k ago, involved in one accident which I wrote the bike off and dropped the bike onto one of them today, they just flex, but never break.

In answer to your original question, they help, they stop the bike laying down too much, making it easier to put back on its wheels :thumbright:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts