Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I havent been out since early December, when with the XR running rough I decided it was time to check it out and get the oil use problem sorted. So after a rebore, new piston and head re fresh. Then a body work clean up with new plastics and new tank, time spent running in and a carb overhaul it was long overdue.
This winter has been really getting me down and it hasnt been really exiting me much to get out on either bike but this week it seemed time to try the XR out. Cabbage is free in the week and Im on weekend shifts at the mo so we get a run sorted. Cabbage has also given his DR a strip down to frame, re painted frame, powdercoat wheels with stainless spokes and general bling.
Joining us was a few of the guys from VDSR community and off we set from Pontadawe

Cabbage had the early misfortune of a broke brake lever

ON to a lane called Five Gates in reality it feels 55 and is always slippy, but made easier by a leap frog system to get the gates opened and closed

From here the weather seems to change

After a fine warm and bit of scoff at Llandoverys finest, priceyest cafe it was of towards Myddfai

From here on navigation became a problem due to poor weather a biting wind and snow.

From here some of the bikes were suffering with carb icing, the DRZ would not run on low rev, the KDX of Gavins was much the samealthough fuel mixture was also a thought, the KTM of PJ seemed to be suffering a sticky clutch.... only the mighty XR and DR carried on regardless... old skool hey!!

All in all a great day covering about 70 miles, very cold and glad of the finish line. Lets hope this winter is over soon roll on spring:nike:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Looks really great phil conditions very similar to what we had the other sunday when we went out (put video up here of the day). I like the coward on the yellow dr hanging back to see if the KTM makes it through the puddle

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Looks really great phil conditions very similar to what we had the other sunday when we went out (put video up here of the day). I like the coward on the yellow dr hanging back to see if the KTM makes it through the puddle
No cowardice there buddy, just good old fashioned Trail ettiquette :D,
Excellent report Phil :thumbright:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Nice one Phil, looks like some great lanes there :thumbup:

Mart's bike looks completely different.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
been out once ( 2 weekends ago when the temperature got above freezing!!! ) looks like fun :D

mine all on the road.. should really pull my finger out and post the pics :)))

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Nice one Phil ! Another ride out to make me feel positively softcore. I've been off the road so long now that I'm starting to see bikers the way normal folk must ? Deffo' Nutcase tuff blokes :thumbup:........ ( just added,girls too of course.)

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
V jealous

1 - 10 of 10 Posts