Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my new bike two weeks ago :D and within four day my brother had talked me into :shock: a "little jaunt into the countryside"
So I got a few strange looks at first but they did give me a warm welcome.
My brother forgot to mention that it was a meet from UKGSer's.com :oops:

I pinched these photo's from their forum, which is why you cant see the honda :lol:

We had had a few days heavy rain including a real downpour just before the off all this made the going very interesting, I was really impressed with the way the AT handled. it has got trail wings fitted and I think I would have preferred some nobblies on, even so it did really well unlike this poor bugger on his GS.

Belive it or not there was not a scratch on this bike. :?

I had done a fair bit of enduro ridding years ago whilst in the army, but that was on Armstrong MT500's which are heavy but singles and I had only just about got used to the AT.
The guy that organised this run had posted it as suitable for novices and many turned up, of course that was before the rain,
there were some steep rocky steps and a very slippery filed track but all in all I had a great time and Am really chuffed with the Bike :p :lol:

this photo dosen't do this bit any justice.
A couple of the novice riders and the guy who went tits over bottled out and even some of the boys on the GS's with Nobblies on had trouble getting up here.

If anyone is planning any more of this sort of thing in Kent :?: let me know :!:
Cheers.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looks like you had some fun on the green lanes. My mate has just bought a brand new 1150 GS adv and I had a go on it the other day. Electonic servos on the brakes. :shock: Blimmey, I kept saying .... whats all the blo0dy noises?

Nice bit of kit though.... £9500!!!!! to steep for me. :roll:

Jon :D

·
Need Constant Supervision
2,495 Posts
Ohhhh nooooooooo you been abducted by the GS boys!!! :lol: Better watch out for Fanum before he get's you involved with some mad scooter trip across the Sahara :shock:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Green lanes in Kent ..... try this http://www.trailridinginkent.co.uk/

Sorry for green laning I leave my @ at home but I do mine on my KTM 300exc. You have to be very skill rider (not me then) to get the @ up some of the place we go, especially mid winter (no wa*kers or Ramblers).

Its no fun trying to pick up a lump in the mud even my DRZ felt heavy hence why a swapped to a 2T (yeap I'm a wimp or just too old )

I was trying to arrange something one saturday with some @ owners from London as the Pilgrims way is Ok for a @ and there few other lanes. So now many want to try it ?

Northy

PS There no way I'm going on the mud with my @.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was trying to arrange something one saturday with some @ owners from London as the Pilgrims way is Ok for a @ and there few other lanes. So now many want to try it ?
I would be up for giving it a go. I have not ridden proper off road for years so if its fairly easy I would love to.

Jon :D

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
I quite fancy a trip along the Pilgrims Way. I've done those plank steps, two up, a few years back. There's a 180 degree turn onto another lane halfway down. It can be my physiotherapy after my stroke.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the links as for the pilgrim way count me in however I work saturday mornings :cry:

I normally finish about 10.30 :D

·
Last of the Minoans
1,503 Posts
It can be my physiotherapy after my stroke.
Yen - were you serious with this or is this a case of your notorious sense of humour....? I hope the latter! I noticed you mentioned being banned from riding (or the like) and figured that was a joke too, but this is a consistent pattern. I'm probably the only silly b*gger that sits clueless here, but what gives??

I raise a large glass of e-vodka to the health of you all. It's been a hard week and I'm going to spend the weekend dead (for maximum relaxation).

By Herne's testicles, I'll have a massive hang over tomorrow.

Stig

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
Lord Stig said:
It can be my physiotherapy after my stroke.
Yen - were you serious with this or is this a case of your notorious sense of humour....? I hope the latter! I noticed you mentioned being banned from riding (or the like) and figured that was a joke too, but this is a consistent pattern. I'm probably the only silly b*gger that sits clueless here, but what gives??

I raise a large glass of e-vodka to the health of you all. It's been a hard week and I'm going to spend the weekend dead (for maximum relaxation).

By Herne's testicles, I'll have a massive hang over tomorrow.

Stig
On the 23rd of June I woke up at midnight paralysed down my right hand side. Hopped to the top of the stairs, slid down on my bot, had a cup of tea and rang my Mum who's a nurse. Don't worry she said you've pinched a nerve in your neck, you're too young for a stroke.

Next morning I was still the same so I rang for an ambulance and spent the next 8 days locked in the stroke ward. I escaped once through a window. When I was discharged, I was told that I was banned from driving for one month from the date of the stroke. I went to my GP exactly on the correct day, but she didn't believe that she had the right to tell me I could drive. She was going to refer me to DVLA. This is bad, because once she refers me, the law says I have to inform my insurance company and my licence is withdrawn until DVLA get a second opinion or retest me. This can take many months to organise.

Luckily I had the official leaflet given to me by the hospital and showed her the relevant bit. However she said she had better speak to the hospital first. Took her another 6 days to get around to it.(she agreed I was fit to drive, just nervous of getting herself in trouble)

I've never been so glad to ride my bike as that day. I've been back at work for a week now and am sick of the journey so all is back to normal.

And I do fancy riding the Pilgrims Way, not done it for a few years now.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Bloody Hell Yen, don't underplay it much do you!

I thought the missus had nicked your keys for a week not that you had been laid up in hospital (mind you if your going to get laid!, reminds me of my first serious girlfriend, yes you guessed a student nurse, still I digress, that was a very long time ago).

I'm getting much too close to a sensible age to have a stroke, still it's when your left side goes numb and you lose the power of speech, (without the aid of alcohol) then you really need to worry!

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,039 Posts
Dilbert said:
Bloody Hell Yen, don't underplay it much do you!

I thought the missus had nicked your keys for a week not that you had been laid up in hospital (mind you if your going to get laid!, reminds me of my first serious girlfriend, yes you guessed a student nurse, still I digress, that was a very long time ago).

I'm getting much too close to a sensible age to have a stroke, still it's when your left side goes numb and you lose the power of speech, (without the aid of alcohol) then you really need to worry!
I thought everyone here knew. I'm thinking of getting a t-shirt made up. "Stroke victims do it down one side only". However I'd be worried that some one with an ill relative might deck me before I could claim membership of the stroke club.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yen, all I can say is you where luck (lucky not to have it too serious) there's bloke at work who was fit as fiddle but that was 8 months ago, only just came back to work (part time) and only just walk again.
He to was bored witless.

As for Pilgrims way run need to pick a date, Saturday is best for me,summer time too so late August ? ...post something in events/ride out section.

Northy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts