Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after some terrible weather, recently the bike had been in hiding in the workshop for some time now.

So today, the weather had dried slightly. I could not wait any longer to get back on the road with the TA.

Braving the very cold chill in air, I pushed the bike out of its warm bed and she roared into life..

Ticking over nicely , I climbed on and set off..

Oh, how have I missed the feeling of the TA... within 5 minutes I was frozen..
Clicking on the heated grips helped but still chilly..

The new exhaust sounded great and there was a noticeable difference in performance.

So what about the roads.... bad .. slimy and grit everywhere..
But the urge to get out there was overwhelming, the adventure spirit kicked in and off we went up deeside.

Taking care on the corners was the name of the game today ..
We only saw 3 other brave bikers out today, and were greeted with waves of glee..

The road flashing by soon enough we where in Ballater, time for a heat up in the bakery..There shop is always very warm.
Had a great cup of coffee , flash new machine they have installed.

After 30 minutes break , the road beckoned again..

Getting chilly now , the snow covered peaks shining in the sunshine.. A reminder that the weather can change at any time.
A steady pace was called for the roads even more slimy now.. We travelled onwards east bound towards Aberdeen..

After a cold but Safe journey to the outskirts of Aberdeen where the roads where much better, had a blast along the dual carriage-way..

Got home with a large smile on my face and renewed love of my TA what a fantastic bike.. :thumbright::thumbright:

Cant wait now for spring ,... :bom:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
looks like you blokes up North have the best weather as well as good country to ride in just now.
grim and grey in the South West today.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Yes, the weather has finally got better , after months & months of snowy / rainy / nasty stuff..

Long may it continue.. :thumb:
Yip bit on the cold side to-day !! Heated grips !! how the other half live :rolleyes:

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Now, you guys are really p*****g me off :D

Can't go out for a while due to family circumstances :(

But when I do --- watch out -- there will be more photos of the bike and yours truly than a David Bailey exhibition. :D:D:D

·
Bling Tastic Transalp
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now, you guys are really p*****g me off :D

Can't go out for a while due to family circumstances :(

But when I do --- watch out -- there will be more photos of the bike and yours truly than a David Bailey exhibition. :D:D:D
Sorry About that Lowflyer..:rolleyes:

I am sure you will catch up, soon when the weather is slightly better.. :thumb::thumb:

You have easy access to some great roads and great scenery..

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Sorry About that Lowflyer..:rolleyes:

I am sure you will catch up, soon when the weather is slightly better.. :thumb::thumb:

You have easy access to some great roads and great scenery..

Yeah I know Craig,
Thanks for that

Look forward to meeting up with you again at some point :thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Agree on both counts Craig, heated grips are a godsend, I took off my gloves to take pics when I stuck in the snow and couldn't feel my fingers when finished! BMW grips not the hottest but sufficient! Also agree the Northern contingent will be putting in plenty of miles this year, well I intend to!

Glad you had a good run, I was the same, when I got home I was glad to get off the bike due to cold but damn it felt good to be out! Must admit, the KLE never gave me that feeling, more like glad to get back home as I didn't think I'd make it! No fun either, the Beemer made me smile, the Kawasaki never did, just "it'll do I suppose".

Can't wait to get the Varadero out!

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Good rideout Craig

Can't wait to get the Varadero out!
Me too. I have to get the brute MOTd first and I just can't seem to find the time. I'm away south next week but hopefully I'll get it done when I get back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts