Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Been waiting to go out on bike but needed to fix indicators and get a few new bits on the bike ie mirror, front master cylinder side fairing and the big day arrived.
Its a while since I have been out and was a bit worried I wouldn`t make it back.
I neednt have worried off I went on a few country roads and over Pendle hill. I noticed my slow turning left a bit to be desired as I seemed to over brake a bit and I have to think "look were you want a go" on the twist bits and it did help.
Bike ran well apart from when I let it tick over it eventually cuts out and when I rev it a bit it goes to 2000rpm and gradually goes down to stall. when I try to start it I have to turn throttle a bit for it to start any help appreciated.
Its hard to judge speed as with the wheels on my bike I have no speedo but when I opened her up I would approximate I was doing 180mph lol.
I really enjoyed my first ride.

·
Curious Member
19 Posts
Bike ran well apart from when I let it tick over it eventually cuts out and when I rev it a bit it goes to 2000rpm and gradually goes down to stall. when I try to start it I have to turn throttle a bit for it to start any help appreciated.
Hiya fella, glad you had a good ride, it could be your choke sticking and its a common problem reading some of the posts, some AT owners remove the choke completely for better mpg, you just need to remove clean and lube the cables/plungers, there is a post on it somewhere?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest the bike felt really good but I have got a good road tyre on and didnt push the bike as lacking a bit confidence. I was surprised by how easily it handled the twisty bits on the hill I went up.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
:thumbright: just in time for the good weather! next time u r thinkin of a blast.. giv me a shout, could be free, :blob2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts