Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It is true, the Vara will pull like a tractor!

I finished the wiring so tried a quick run out tonight to see how the trailer pulled. Very well was the result up to 80, no weave or shake and the bike was solid. A tiny shimmy banked over and the trailer (empty) jumped a tad but no worries at all. Looks as if the hitch on the trailer is about right.

Next to put 50kg and see how that feels! The trailer appears poking up into the air, but as soon as the weight of the rider goes on, the trailer rides flat and true.

Yep, I agree, it is a dissguting colour and needs spraying, so rattle can at the ready, either that or cover it with stickers... No idea if it will ever see action, the whole idea was more of a play around.

uploadfromtaptalk1367868988392.jpg

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I didn't know that they did TKC80's in such small sizes. :D
:) Needed to keep chassis on the straight and narrow off road... They look more like wheelbarrow tyres IMO, but are rated at 70+... I hope!

Please also notice the clever numberplate. Phil the Shandy was not convinced Plod would be happy... ;)

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice work Steve :thumbup:
Gotta admit, most of it is NOT my work, more bringing together various bits and bobs in the right order ;) That and putting right the less than impressive workmanship of the chassis builder.... This was a guy who builds trikes and was "welding" up the back end of an ancient and rusty Gold Wing when I collected the trailer. Having seen his work, I would not trust him to build a kids toy! :(

·
Registered
7,675 Posts
Gotta admit, most of it is NOT my work, more bringing together various bits and bobs in the right order ;) That and putting right the less than impressive workmanship of the chassis builder.... This was a guy who builds trikes and was "welding" up the back end of an ancient and rusty Gold Wing when I collected the trailer. Having seen his work, I would not trust him to build a kids toy! :(
.....a kids toy made out of 20mm solid bar :D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Fab! Dunno if it makes the Vara look like a tractor, but if it were a BMW R.1200GS it should be pulling a muck spreader. :-D

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fab! Dunno if it makes the Vara look like a tractor, but if it were a BMW R.1200GS it should be pulling a muck spreader. :-D
That is next.... One of these would be perfect for the Beemer owners....Toys

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, spotted these also a quick vid ( Sherco behind a KTM - ADVrider )

Would be an intresting phone call to the insurance if you had a accident ......... You where doing WHAT!!

Hehe.
Not legal here I suspect, as the weight limit would get you ;) I was wondering if you could tow a lightweight bike on a dolly, leaving the weight of the towed bike on the road, and the front wheel on little 2 wheeled dolly unit?

I have a seen a video somehwre of the monowheel off-raod and it was VERY impressive, good for serious adv riding in Oz or the Steppes where fuel etc is long way away.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Length might be a problem too, at least it was here in .nl as IIRC you can only have 2 meters behind the rear axle of the bike.

So this combination wasn't strictly legal:

Magic, I like that, nice low CoG for the trailer too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts