Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a few hours riding today and my backside knows about it!!!!!!!
I recently purchase my @ after looking for 1 for 3 months, i changed from sportsbikes to endurance machines after riding a F650 BMW. I did 450 miles in a day on the BMW and it felt great but i wanted something a little bigger, i decided on the @ as they were so well thought of! I really do think i may of made a massive mistake as after only 40 miles i started to have to wriggle and after 200 miles i was mostly numb. Any idea's? Otherwise it's going to be sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Where about in Cheshire are you?

ATs are not renowned for being comfortable. Last weekend I did 1540 miles mostly 2 up on TLD10 and many others did big mileages. You either get used to it or modify the seat with gel, higher density foam, or use an Airhawk seat on top of the AT seat

Get over this little hurdle and you'll appreciate just what these bikes are capable of

·
Registered
485 Posts
The standard seat is probably the worst thing on the @.I have a hacked about lowered seat that is better but still not brilliant.Somewhere in a drawer I have some padded cycling shorts that I can wear under my bike kit,these help.Otherwise there are sheepskins,airhawk pads,gel pads etc that you could try.Don't give up just yet:thumbup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
I answered another thread on this topic. I had an old roll of high density foam formerly a camping sleeping mat. I cut two dinner plate size discs and stuck them together. I simply push these down my trousers as a pad to sit on. Works for me on those longer trips.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I answered another thread on this topic. I had an old roll of high density foam formerly a camping sleeping mat. I cut two dinner plate size discs and stuck them together. I simply push these down my trousers as a pad to sit on. Works for me on those longer trips.
Must look a bit dubious though when you get off for a tea break:rolleyes:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ian,
as it happens its not for me but for my best friend Kenny who was on the trip, we are going to take a trip to see you this week all being well, i love my f650 and it is more comfortable for me but alais not for the passenger. PM me with a email address and i will send you some pics of the trip if you like?

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I think you should look into getting the seat re-padded. I found after TLD that the seat on my Transalp was fine, even though I have heard horror stories about the comfort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts