Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this air horn on ebay for £22.40 delivered. Ordered it at 12.30 yesterday and it was at my door at 09.30 this morning! Removed both side covers and the front guard, nowhere to fit it, replaced all guards/covers. Made a up a test rig and WOW it ain't half loud mum! People at end of street looked out! Decided to mount it (see photos) externally and give it a coat of black paint. Halfords tomorrow for a 20a in-line fuse and some connectors. Horn comes with a 30A relay and a good set of wiring diagram options. l] y photos arnt very good, sorry :D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
I must get around to fitting mine one day.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Looks and sounds good. So is it as easy as swapping the original horn for this one? Same wiring etc?

This would come in handy for cycle marshalling.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First off although its compact its still big so until I decide on where to mount permanantly I have mounted it externaly (see pic). This horn is rated at 20 amps so a relay is required (comes with the horn). You need to take an inline fuse feed from battery to the relay then to the horn then to earth. The Transalp horn wiring can then be extended and used to trigger the relay. Simples.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Looks and sounds good. So is it as easy as swapping the original horn for this one? Same wiring etc?

This would come in handy for cycle marshalling.
It needs a separate feed from a fused source, the Relay uses the original horn wiring to activate but the horn uses too much power for the switchgear on its own.

·
Registered
181 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have decided that the horn is far too big to mount out of site so I have seperated the compressor from the air horn. When I did this the compressor divided into four parts. 1 compressor 2 centre body 3 brush plate 4 rotor shaft. These are reletavily easy to re assemble. I am now looking to secure compressor under the saddle. Mount the horn near the front and connect with air line. Let you know what happens. DD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts