Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
How much is the fish?
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is mainly for those who have recently bought HEL brake line for their @, although may be useful for others in the future.

I spent yesterday afternoon fitting my new brake lines and trying to find the best routing for them to stop any chaffing and to take up what appears to be some additional length in the lines compared to the originals. Here´s what I came up with:

Lines fitted to the calipers.

Lines routed up through the hole for the speedo cable.

Over towards the master cylinder, UNDER the front subframe.

I bent the original brake line clip 90 degrees and fitted the new lines into it with their rubber grommets. I then squeezed to clip a little with pliers to hold the lines in place.

To keep the lines neat (they have a mind of their own!) I cable tied them to the speedo cable.

This leaves an amount of brake line behind the front wheel similar to the originals.

Job done :thumbup:

(and yes, I promise I will clean my bike soon!)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine are all fitted and ready to go.The only thing I did differently was I didn't run the lines through the hole in the plastic cover for the speedo cable.It would have been better to do this to take up some of what seems to me to be a bit of extra length.I fitted new seals to the front calipers whilst I was at it.Just need to take it for a test ride now:thumbright:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Re: brake lines

Hi Gordon, can you get brake lines in black for a 1993 suzuki RF600 and if so how much please. I will let you know model etc after i have spoken to you

·
Registered
461 Posts
Arrived today at 1200hrs

Fitted by 1400hrs

Bled by 2000hrs - chuffing HEL now I know where they get the name from :rolleyes:

Normally takes me about 10 minutes, but I think the wife took the tube and syringe back for lambing so I had to resort to the old method.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought some stainless "P" clips and replace the front fork clamps with them and added a pair to the back of the bottom yoke where the original lines were secured - that also seem to have stopped them doing their own thing (like wrestling with an eel).

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts