Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a cheapo Motad Venom end can and unspecified link pipe, but I am struggling to make the 2 marry up and fit my bike. Have contacted Motad about them supplying something, but also thought about a flexible exhaust pipe. That way I can mount the silencer where I want, and as long as the flexible pipe is the right length I just clamp it on.

Views anyone. Googling "flexible exhaust pipe" comes up with some suppliers.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Demon Tweeks in Wrexham....they have a website.

Look in the car section.

I used some of that stuff to link a 4 into 1 to a Supertrapp 'silencer' on a trike I once owned.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motad have just replied saying they are developing a link pipe for the TA 650. I have asked when it will be available. That would be the easy option.

Called in the local Car Care today on the off chance they just might have something laying round the back - no luck. He did have some flexible pipe but not in stainless or the right diameter. Also some pipe diameter reducers, also only in mild steel.

I think it will need to be a custom made job as the diameters are different at each end. Will be investigating further tomorrow - will try the local exhuast place and see what they can get hold of.

Also this place sounds promising: http://www.westerntydens.co.uk/accessories.html

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what you need seems to be one of these:

(photo copied from Jetex Cistom exhaust website)

and one of these

(photo copied from pipe werx.com' ebay shop)

The TA collector box/Cat outlet pipe is 43mm dia, while the Venom end can needs a 2" or 50.8mm pipe - hence this reducer thing - which pipe say they will make in size you need.

I am going to offer up the exhaust again at the weekend and see how long a flexi bit I need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts