Honda XRV Forum banner
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Viking3630 
#1 ·
Good evening all, I'm having problems wondering whether the fmx sparkplug should be a short plug as each time I renew the plug it never seems to go in all the way, I clean threads and put plug in until I feel it stop hard and I can see the crush washer still isn't home, it's been like this since I bought bike last year, just wondering if anyone has any gen on this please, I buy the correct plug listed.i have been slowly winding it in taking it out and repeating the process cleaning threads each time.... So I'm a bit miffed boys

#2 ·
Dpr8ea9 is the plug you need. If there what you are using it seems some numpty has put a short plug in at sometime and the threads are coked up. You maybe able to get a thread chaser of the correct thread and clean it out. If not soak it with plenty of wd40 or the like and continue to screw plug in a bit at a time. I would occasionally turn engine over on starter with plug out to blow out any accumulated coke when doing it .

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.