Honda XRV Forum banner

421 - 440 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi re the jetting on your bike when i did mine i spoke to dynojet directly and they told me that there is no need to alter pilot jet this should stay as std , the stage 2 kit i fitted included main jet new needle with raising washer , new weaker spring and also had to drill the slide (drill bit provided with the kit) i bought my kit from germany as it was much cheaper than over here, it runs well and much more responsive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would go back to the 50. I would also remove the snorkel out of the air box if you haven't already done so. Can't really help regarding the jetting as I'm running a mikuni flat slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you cut the top 2 and a half coils off the spring it gives you the same response as a weaker spring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cheers for the responses guys, I'll try fitting the std pilot jet back and adjust the air screw to see what that does to the low end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just purchased a full arrow system and mikuni flat side carbs cant wait to fit them and get the bike set up. If anyone is interested ill have a standard carb standard headers and a pair of Remus cans also i have a brand new k&n ive not fitted. If anyone is interested let me know. The cans sound amazing and if you take the baffles out even better. I live on the wirral betweem chester and liverpool but can post them of required.
Has anyone got a rear hugger? If so where from ive tried barracuda in italy but they no longer supply them.
Any hints on set up or tips for when my new kit goes in will be most appreciated

·
Registered
51 Posts
The flat side was a nightmare to set up. The accelerator pump was over fuelling mine like crazy. I had to get mine setup on a dyno. The guy had to keep road testing it aswell because when it was on the road it was really jerky on acceleration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im getting mine set up at Motrac Racing dyno / rolling road so hopefully there expertise will be enough to sort it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
They usually charge by the hour. I also had to have my front pipe removed and drilled so a lambda sensor could be inserted to get a better reading. It then has a bolt screwed in which can be removed to setup the carb again. This gives you a better reading rather than reading it from out of the end of the exhaust. The place I used isn't vat registered so not vat to pay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi mate i live over in noth wales (flint ) was interested in your post about where you gonna take it for set up could you let me know where motrac are or contact number would be great could do with taking mine to be set up properly

·
Registered
51 Posts
0151 357 1062 unit 18 Westminster industrial park, rossfield road Ellesmere Port ch653du

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the arrow headers as they aren't that good. The ABP headers are the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
currently running the std pilot jet, needle raised by a 0.4mm washer (previously ran 0.8mm and it was bad), with a 172 main jet and at higher speeds at 30-70% throttle the bike is surging, its fine in the city sub 50mph but as soon as i get into 5th gear on a country road, it surges like crazy as if its out of fuel or something, if i open the throttle to the max, it picks up.

my set up is k n air filter and arrow pipes with std headers, no baffle.

im starting to think that its some other problem, not the carb tune? Would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on it.

forgot to mention, ive drilled 4mm holes as daves mod states and im running 2 1/4 turns out, trying different turns out didnt help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I'm wanting to upjet my carb on my fmx650 but don't know where to start I have a full arrow exhaust and k&n air filter and took of the smog what will I need to get to jet it I can't find no where near me that does dyno as well So doing myself cheers josh

·
Registered
694 Posts
175 main jet. Idle screw at 3 turns out. Pull the rubber snorkel out of the air box.
Leave everything else alone, I've tuned seven of these bikes now (ok, SLRs and FXs but it's the same engine and carb) and that's all you have to do. Don't take power tools to your carb, it's a delicate instrument and it won't like it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
175 main jet. Idle screw at 3 turns out. Pull the rubber snorkel out of the air box.
Leave everything else alone, I've tuned seven of these bikes now (ok, SLRs and FXs but it's the same engine and carb) and that's all you have to do. Don't take power tools to your carb, it's a delicate instrument and it won't like it!
Got rid of the washer under the needle and turned the screw to 3 turns out and it's running a lot better. Running a 172 main jet, thinking of going to 175, do you reckon it will make a big difference? Thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you've removed the washer from under the needle then you've lowered the needle, which will make it run leaner on partial throttle.
All mine are running 175 mains, no snorkel, no baffles, 3 turns on the pilot and nothing else changed.
I've had a GPS verified 102MPH out of my Vigor, with a 15T front sprocket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could someone explain how to remove the snorkel? I took the airbox off but couldn't really figure out what to take out? Any info/photos would be hugely appreciated.

421 - 440 of 451 Posts