Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello mates,
I have my FMX650 for about half a year now. I had to invest in it a little to bring it up, because there were small problems all around.
I have installed a carb dynojet kit, and new Continental TKC80 tyres, but of the same diameter. The front sprocket is 14T, but I think this is the original size. I guess nothing else could have any impact on driving and speedometer data.
I tried to take it on a highway in winter, but the maximum speed that I could reach was 120km/h. At the time I was playing with carb jetting and needle position, but finally I just put it at recommended dynojet setting, because it ran smoothest then. There were cases when I could only reach 100-110km/h or maybe there was a time when I reached 130km/h, but overall, it is no more than 120km/h now :/

I have seen a youtube video where a guy reaches 160 km/h (100mph) and I read specs on the internet that its top speed is also almost 100mph (HONDA FMX650 (2005-2012) Review).

What I may be doing wrong, maybe the front sprocket must be replaced to 15T or what else? 120km/h is super super slow. :(((

Please help if you have any ideas.

Duonas

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
I would say going by my FX 650 with a large top box on that 140 should be easily acheivable as standard , the dynojet kit does not make a huge difference, I have aftermarket cans on mine which help a bit but really only help you get up to speed quicker , check the clearance before you buy any bigger sprockets , as I seem remember there is not much room around the front sprocket BUT I maybe thinking of a different bike, but i have never seen anywhere near 160 kmh

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I strongly suggest getting it on a dyno to sort it properly it will be the best cash you spend, my 650 dominator will do a genuine 100mph after the dyno set up whether your brave enough to do that on the road is a different matter :D

·
Stone Crazy
5,311 Posts
Dominator is a different animal , FMX only runs 39 bhp dominator has different cam etc

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Dominator is a different animal , FMX only runs 39 bhp dominator has different cam etc
I'd still recommend getting the carb set up professionally on a dyno its the quickest and best way to be sure its right.

Reactions: Mervinh
1 - 5 of 5 Posts