Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newly acquired xr400 only has one mirror but instead of shelling out for a OE jobbie iI am looking for folding ones such as Boboneleg has on his KTM. Are they standard KTM parts or aftermarket items?

Anyone care to recommend folders that are both stable on road use yet wont break the bank?

·
The Sultan of Bling
1,981 Posts
My newly acquired xr400 only has one mirror but instead of shelling out for a OE jobbie iI am looking for folding ones such as Boboneleg has on his KTM. Are they standard KTM parts or aftermarket items?

Anyone care to recommend folders that are both stable on road use yet wont break the bank?
The foldable KTM mirrors are a stock part and can be sourced through a dealer, Stormface8 has them on his bike but is not impressed with their performance as mirrors as they seem to vibrate a lot, given that feedback I looked at other options and fitted a set of Double Take mirrors on Insomnia, you can see some into here.

Rock solid with clear vision and tough as old boots with a lifetime guarantee, well pleased. :thumbright:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
coincidentally I purchased a pair of these from wemoto just last night (after checking threads would match)

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here ya go Boris, got mine from Wemoto and they don't vibrate at all. I have them on my KTM and my DR350 and they should fit your XR as I tried them on my Transalp as well. Only downside that I've encountered is that the nut on the swivelling bit can go rusty, cured by application of some vaseline :thumb:

KTM 950 Adventure/S 04-06 Mirror Left Hand Parts at Wemoto - The UK's No.1 On-Line Motorcycle Parts Retailer
Cheers Bob
DO they need tools to swivel them or is it a thumbscrew?

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Gordon I used to carry a thirteen mm spanner and take the ome ones off before riding, the mirrors just vibrate off otherwise snap the Alu casting mounts off.
J tighter than a Scots man:mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Cheers Bob
DO they need tools to swivel them or is it a thumbscrew?
No tools needed, they have a nut and bolt (inset) on the swivel bit which you can have as tight/loose as you like and then you just move them by hand.

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
No tools needed, they have a nut and bolt (inset) on the swivel bit which you can have as tight/loose as you like and then you just move them by hand.

Hi Bob

Hope you are well

That screen / fairing looks rather dapper old chap !!

Prey tell where did you get it and costs ?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Hi Bob

Hope you are well

That screen / fairing looks rather dapper old chap !!

Prey tell where did you get it and costs ?
mm look like an old DR600 daker one to me :)

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK One more question before I order. Are these wemoto ones flat or curved glass. The cheap replacement I got for the broken xr one is flat glass and compared to the other side it's like a shaving mirror and only shows what's directly behind (but supersized). Can someone put a straight edge to one and confirm the glass is convex (so slightly raised in the middle) It's so little I doubt you can tell without a straight edge but it makes a world of difference. All the OE ones I've checked on my bikes are curved glass

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I have one sitting on the shelf for the 600 Raider :toothy1:

so not a lucky guess :joker:
I am sooooooooooooooo going to have to have a peek in your garage :-D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts