Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if there is any instructions online that I can look at to give me and my dad some idear of how the forks go together?

I would buy a hane's manual, but I am a student and don't want to spend any more money than I have to. I have the new fork seels, do I need anything, else except oil?

Thanks for any advise you can give.

Mr Shush

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Pump the oil out through the screw hole at the bottom on the side of the forks, unscrew the retaining hex bolt at the bottom of the forks if you have a retaing spring on the seal remove it and pull the the forks apart,the seal will pop out nicely that way without damaging anything.
bung the forks back together ,put the new seals in useing the old seals as a buffer , fill it up with the right amount of oil.

Your done :cool:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hi I was wondering if there is any instructions online that I can look at to give me and my dad some idear of how the forks go together?

I would buy a hane's manual, but I am a student and don't want to spend any more money than I have to. I have the new fork seels, do I need anything, else except oil?

Thanks for any advise you can give.

Mr Shush
What exactly have you done and what are you trying to do information to vague to help you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't done anything to it yet, was going to wait until I have a break down of how to do it or something.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pump the oil out through the screw hole at the bottom on the side of the forks, unscrew the retaining hex bolt at the bottom of the forks if you have a retaing spring on the seal remove it and pull the the forks apart,the seal will pop out nicely that way without damaging anything.
bung the forks back together ,put the new seals in useing the old seals as a buffer , fill it up with the right amount of oil.

Your done :cool:
So what you are saying is that it is simple and you don't think I will need insructions?

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
very very simple indeed,if I can do it you certainly can.
Just think it all through first, loosen all the bits off before you take the forks off to save struggling later:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts