1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
no wonder I stick to rugby.....

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
but apart from that it's a perfectly civilised game... never any trouble.

i've been saying for years (I live within reach of what was a top european clubs ground) that if ANY other organised event generated a 10th of the trouble, cost & violence that football does it would have been banned years ago.

we used to get information leaflets from the local authorities saying that on such & such a date between this time & that time, PSG will be playing auxerre so we suggest that your remain safely in your homes & don't go out on the streets as we cannot garantte your security...

how unacceptable is that?

how many other events, sporting or otherwise would be allowed under those circumstances?

to quote a well known member here, that boils my pi§§!

Fortunately Auxerre have apparently gone down the league table & we have much fewer problems now, long my they continue their downwards slide!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Went to the Columbian cup final in Cali, total alcohol ban in the city for 2 days leading up to it, inc cafes, bars, shops, restaurants!!! We were stripped to our shorts before being allowed in the stadium, & everyone had to leave everything apart from wallets with the street urchins in exchange for raffle tickets. If i remember well, didn't they murder the national goal-keeper for letting in a goal at the world-cup... beautiful country all said & done. Just remembered, took my mum to the opera in Rome for her 60th, followed by a late evening Major Battle/riot/football game, she loved it :iconbiggrin:.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts