Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have given it alot of thought and its a hard decision to make but I am selling the Twin if I can realise what I think it is worth to me, if not it will stay. I have bought a KTM 990 adv and as most of my riding and touring will be two up fully loaded for camping the 990 copes better.
I know I may regret it but the money that comes from it will be spent on traveling. I dont want to just leave it in the garage someone may as well use it for what its for. In the year and half ive owned it I have done a fair bit of work and play on it and have to say the quality is Mr Honda at its best they dont build em like this anymore, and is well capable as you all know.
It is a 91/92 cant remember as Im down at sylv's place and all docs are at home, UK model with 40,000 miles with lots of paperwork to substansiate (mot certs)
Taxed till end of Nov 2012 and test till may 2013
There is nothing missing all bodywork is as should be(no lugs missing or cracks) and is a very clean straight example many of you will have seen it or know someone who has. Ian aka (Yen Powell) as rode it and says its a good un and he should know look at his signature!
Wheels are in good order both inside and out.
Final Drive is also good, chain/sprockets fair to good.
Choke cables have been off a few times to keep clean and oiled and all is well. No grott in plungers
Semtech H/grips
Wheel, Head bearings 10 mths ago
New stock rectifier
New pump points with diode mod and spare facett
Laser Pro-enduro link and can
Centech aux fuse box
K60 Scouts rear half worn
Acerbis pro sport hand guards
Hepco Becker panier racks
Touratech zega panniers 2 x 35ltr
engine bars
Rear rack mounted toolbox lockable with bungie points (could be used for anything)
Auxilary socket
Will be ready for filter and oil in the near future but got to leave something for you to do!

A few pics to go on with pic of clocks is an old one showing milage at the time now 40,000 miles
It also now as acerbis neaprene fork skins instead of crap rubbers.
The rear toolbox is not shown in the pics as I didnt have it on at the time

£2000 sorry but no offers. If its not worth that it aint going:D

002.jpg 007.jpg 006.jpg 005.jpg 004.jpg 034.jpg

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Shame it has to go Tez

I've seen the bike and ridden with Tez a few times and I can confirm the bike is a minter and a real steal at that price

Tez - you missed a bit of dirt behind the fuse box !!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
What a bargain, if I wasn't moving house I'd have that straight away:thumbright: going to make a great bike for someone, they don't get any cleaner....

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a bargain, if I wasn't moving house I'd have that straight away:thumbright: going to make a great bike for someone, they don't get any cleaner....
Cheers mate. You have PM

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shame it has to go Tez

I've seen the bike and ridden with Tez a few times and I can confirm the bike is a minter and a real steal at that price

Tez - you missed a bit of dirt behind the fuse box !!
I left it there for you to spot Paul. Thought it would make ya day mate.
Cheers Tez

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tidy bike sure to sell soon.
Cheers Stubbsie, we will see but im not giving it away its too good, I will keep it and use for solo stuff if need be. Although I took it out yesterday first time since Norfolk and it still makes me grin:mrgreen:
Tez

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Tez,
It's worth more than £2k, it's a steal at £2k.
Keep it & keep having a big grin every time you ride it mate, whoever buys it has got the sale of the century.

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks as if Boboneleg is doin a Nicolas Parsons impression, Live from Norwich its the sale of the century.
Sold to Bob he's laughin all the way to the bank as we speak.
Cheers Tez

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I've sent you another PM Tez :)
What saying you don't want it now (I wish):D:D Good luck and enjoy.....I'll have second dibs if Bob for whatever reasons changes his mind...........................................

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Hi Tez,

I sent you a PM yesterday morning asking for your phone number but don't seem to have a reply, I'm a bit concerned as I have a train ticket to come and collect the bike tomorrow but I don't know where to go.

Can you send me a PM or phone me please.

cheers, Bob.

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im moving house Bob so you cant find me ah ah ah!
Tez

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Picked up the bike today and rode it home, 180 miles, no motorway. What a cracking bike, thanks muchly Tez :thumbright:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Pleased for you Bob

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Picked up the bike today and rode it home, 180 miles, no motorway. What a cracking bike, thanks muchly Tez :thumbright:
No problems Bob, to be honest I dont think I could have found a more suitable owner if I had looked for one, enjoy it mate.
Regards Tez

1 - 20 of 20 Posts