Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had to fill out parts of my profile so that i could veiw the forum?

what is this all about?

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
This is so that members now have to show a location.

·
nunquam scienter utilis
665 Posts
I had my location set. I have been *FORCED* to put a value in the birthday field. Why? what concern is it of anyone else? I don't like people gathering data that is of no use and no relevance. Recent events have shown how easy it is for data to get out. You may say my birthday is trivial - but it's the principle of the thing.

M

·
0 Posts
I had my location set. I have been *FORCED* to put a value in the birthday field. Why?
That's so we can call you on old git, or moan about the youth of today, depending on our relative ages.

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
I had my location set. I have been *FORCED* to put a value in the birthday field. Why? what concern is it of anyone else? I don't like people gathering data that is of no use and no relevance. Recent events have shown how easy it is for data to get out. You may say my birthday is trivial - but it's the principle of the thing.
Unfortunately we can't do anything about this.

The location field has been set to a 'Required Field' but vBulletin includes the 'Date of Birth' field within this data set, so if you set one to 'required', then by default both are set to 'required'.

I understand that you might not want to show your DoB, but you do have the option to hide it, or if you're really cynical put a false date :rolleyes:.

The vBulletin software that this forum is built on is an 'off the shelf' package and we are unable to change parts of it.

I don't recall ever saying that your Birthday was trivial - in fact I think it should be celebrated annually with a HUGE party to which we are all invited - and now that you have to show a location, we'll all know where to come for the beer.....:D :D :D

Joking aside, I hope this answers your concerns.

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Principles seem to start all sorts of heated debates...so if you don't wish to reveal certain personal info.... then don't....just lie....:)

An accurate location is always helpful (We need to know where to send the boys round)......;)

For the record, all my info is accurate......:D:D:D

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
For the record, all my info is accurate......:D:D:D
Yeahh, and I wanna see the Queens telegram you got on your last birthday :D:D:D:D:D

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Yeahh, and I wanna see the Queens telegram you got on your last birthday :D:D:D:D:D

I've got the first half.............................;)

And I know I'm a year younger than Sohoeasy....he's knocked a few years off.............:D

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Nothing to say it has to be sensible :D:D
I think you will find very very little that is sensible in this place.... :thumbup::thumbup:

All aside.. can you make type of bike a required field... please...

i want to name and shame all the orangutan and bratwust riders here...or at least know who NOT to talk to.....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

just kidding... it is really more useful for I ride a @ and i have problem XXX posts... Which bloody one.???

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
was just a little annoyed as i had filled all that info in a couple weeks ago

as for the bday thing there is an option to hide the entire bday

1 - 11 of 11 Posts