Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
a Salty follower.
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a homage to Dod's work on the High roads, I found a link for all the known fords and wet roads in the country, just enter and click on your county, only had a quick play but looks good.
Enjoy

www.wetroads.co.uk

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Its already on here somewhere but for those who haven't seen it its a great way to spend a day on the bike i marked out a route in my area and went to find them most of the fords are off the beaten track and make interesting scenic rides with the added challenge of finding them :thumbup: me bike also features in some of the photos on there

Edit
haven't been on there in a while so had a look how many i'm in and blow me i got every bike in there, all you do is look at the fords in your area that have no photos ride there take a photo and send it to [email protected] and he will update the site with your photo I think hes only doing it once a year now though.

my XR

www.wetroads.co.uk

www.wetroads.co.uk

My AT

www.wetroads.co.uk

The Dog

www.wetroads.co.uk

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
He hasn't got a photo of this one Bob now's your chance to immortalize Tony in the site I rode this the other way on the dog last sunday and it is a wee bit slippery sadly didn't take any photos

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Tis a good one Fred, Paul drowned his DR350 in there once with me and Steve, it took us 90 mins to revive it :D

The river was a bit swollen that day, here's me going in....

Golden Valley Oct 2010 part two 004.jpg

and Paul taking a tumble....

Golden Valley Oct 2010 part two 006.jpg

The recovery.....

Golden Valley Oct 2010 part two 007.jpg

and Steve taking it easy after Paul's early bath.........

Golden Valley Oct 2010 part two 017.jpg

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
A zip file containing the fords from wetroads + a few others that I loaded into Memory Map.
3 files in the zip
Memory Map output in csv format, you can editit in excel to extract lat long and name for other programs.
memory Map output in gpx format. It will go into tyre no problem.
memory map ford symbol I made.
View attachment fords.zip

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
LOL poor Paul that must have been cold I noticed your crossing on the down stream side same as me i think upstream would be easier as there not so much of the slippery slab rock in there only trouble is its deeper than the bike there :D

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Not in the ford database some very wet roads.
The Severn at eight severn(ths) on the west side of the river north of Gloucester. One of my routes up the west bank of the Severn from Asleworth to Tirley over Haw bridge and past Wainloads. Area very well covered, I had just expected a few bits of water a few inches deep along some of the lanes - wrong a few feet The lane I normally use is by the signpost!
flodded roads.jpg

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Not in the ford database some very wet roads.
The Severn at eight severn(ths) on the west side of the river north of Gloucester. One of my routes up the west bank of the Severn from Asleworth to Tirley over Haw bridge and past Wainloads. Area very well covered, I had just expected a few bits of water a few inches deep along some of the lanes - wrong a few feet The lane I normally use is by the signpost!
View attachment 40633
Gertcha! One for the mini hovercraft I reckon! Proper water that....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts